“Superlative BBQ”

GQue BBQ
Ranked #2 of 248 Restaurants in Westminster
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Reviewed 15 November 2017

The cue here really lived up to its reputation. The wife and I dined here on Sunday evening and there was still plenty smoked meat to be had. The brisket I had was served in a sandwich and it was delicious. I smoke briskets at home so I know a thing or two about what is what when it comes to pit smoked brisket. The brisket served here demonstrates how brisket smoked correctly in a real pit is a sublime culinary experience. My wife had the pork ribs and they were also very good. The all-purpose rub the owner uses really makes for great bark on smoked ribs. You can purchase this wonderful rub at the restaurant or order it online. The smoked wings looked good and I will try them for sure next time I eat here. And I will definitely return. The apple slaw I ordered along with my sandwich was yummy and a good alternative to the sweet slaws that are usually served in other restaurants. There is a good selection of beers on tap offered. The staff was very friendly and helpful. A bit pricy, but the prices were in line with the deliciousness of the meats offered.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Let's start off by saying I've lived in St. Louis, North Carolina, Tennessee, North Alabama and Texas, so I really enjoy true BBQ.

Living in the Denver area I've been dying trying different bbq places. When I found GQue, I knew I found my new favorite place. Here are my recommendations:
- Pulled port (Carolina) with apple slaw
- Brisket sandwich
- Brisket by the pound (Oh My Goodness)
- Ribs
- Mac and Cheese (Oh My Goodness)

This is THE best BBQ I have found in the Denver area, and I would rate them in my top 5 anywhere in the country.

1  Thank CraigRCoelho
Reviewed 8 November 2017

This place has good smoked ribs. In the top 3 in the metro area. They were tender but still held together. Had two sauces on table, one being only slightly spicy. The side of fries were good, but very over salted. Did not have fried okra which I love with BarBQ. My lunch partner had brisket, which was tender but a little dry. Also, I don't really like eating my meat off a piece of paper on a tray. It is a little pricy as lunch for two was $32 and that was with no drinks or desert and was before tip. We each had meat and one side.

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

I have eaten BBQ all over the U.S. and the pork ribs here are some of the best. Firm meat and not fatty, the ribs are served with a tasty dry rub. There are two sauces on the table, and the not-spicy one is not overly sweet. BUT - $18 for a half rack and that's a la carte! If you want a side dish, it costs extra. In addition, plastic utensils are not very effective. I will be back to try other meats, but not totally happily.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

I had the dry rub wings (like I make them), the brisket, and one pork rib. The crust on the brisket was great, and the seasoning on the rib was smokey, sweet, and what seemed like a hint of coffee in the rib. All of it was fantastic.
You wouldn't know that they only have one location, and considering I'm an hour's drive to get here - it's also sad. Can't wait to go back.

Been to GQue BBQ? Share your experiences!