“Terrible Chinese Food”

New Canton Restaurant
Ranked #36 of 106 Restaurants in Wheat Ridge
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 30 July 2015

If you are looking for good Chinese food - do not go to this restaurant. I order the Chicken with mixed vegetables; It had so much sauce, I thought I was eating soup (and mind you half of the sauce spilled in the plastic bag). The chicken with mixed vegetables tasted like it was straight out of a Chun King can. There were only two small slivers of 3 different vegetables in the dish. I advise you -- avoid this restaurant at all costs, unless you are looking for a disappointing meal. UGH!

Reviewed 26 August 2012

Three friends and I ate lunch at the New Canton Restaurant and all of us really enjoyed the tasty and reasonable food. With each of our very good-sized entrees, came an egg roll, a crab wonton, and a choice of soup. I had a bite of everyone's entree just to taste, and all were delicious. I was amazed at the value for the price, also. They also have a buffet, but we ordered from the menu instead. The service was very friendly. It's not a fancy place, but I will be going back.

1  Thank JuneyC51
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I have been going here for several years, I have never been disappointed in the buffet or carry out. Yum! Shrimp with Garlic Sauce and their Hot and Sour soup! Yum. I have only been for lunch.

1  Thank Josie06
Reviewed 19 September 2010

There are several good Chinese restaurants in Wheat Ridge. New Canton has always been one of my favorites. The food is not exceptional, but is quite good for the price. The service is always fast and friendly. The lunch buffet is basic but pretty tasty and reasonably priced. I experiment with restaurants a lot but only stick with the ones that I think are pretty good. And, I've been eating here for about 20 years.

2  Thank DaveInWheatRidge