“Going downhill”

New Canton Restaurant
Ranked #45 of 106 Restaurants in Wheat Ridge
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 30 September 2016

I used to order takeout from this place all the time, but the past few visits (over the last 6 months or so) have been very disappointing. The owner is the same, so I'm not sure what has changed. . . new cooks, ingredients, etc? In any case, the "sesame" dishes-- chicken, tofu, etc. now have a very odd, acidic flavor. No real depth; almost sweet and sour tasting. Same for the hot and sour soup. The dining room also smells kind of like the sauce and soup -- acerbic and stale. I might try it again in a couple of months to see if anything has changed. Otherwise will definitely seek out other options, including the dollar-a-scoop place up the street!

Reviewed 10 August 2016

We love the food, the service and most of all the pot stickers! Even my kids don't like to eat chinese anywhere else!

Reviewed 30 July 2015

If you are looking for good Chinese food - do not go to this restaurant. I order the Chicken with mixed vegetables; It had so much sauce, I thought I was eating soup (and mind you half of the sauce spilled in the plastic bag). The chicken with mixed vegetables tasted like it was straight out of a Chun King can. There were only two small slivers of 3 different vegetables in the dish. I advise you -- avoid this restaurant at all costs, unless you are looking for a disappointing meal. UGH!

Reviewed 26 August 2012

Three friends and I ate lunch at the New Canton Restaurant and all of us really enjoyed the tasty and reasonable food. With each of our very good-sized entrees, came an egg roll, a crab wonton, and a choice of soup. I had a bite of everyone's entree just to taste, and all were delicious. I was amazed at the value for the price, also. They also have a buffet, but we ordered from the menu instead. The service was very friendly. It's not a fancy place, but I will be going back.

1  Thank JuneyC51
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I have been going here for several years, I have never been disappointed in the buffet or carry out. Yum! Shrimp with Garlic Sauce and their Hot and Sour soup! Yum. I have only been for lunch.

1  Thank Josie06