“Consistently fine food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 July 2017

Wonderful restaurant. Will cook off the menu.
Excellent entrees including veal chop, barzini, pasta dishes.
When in season try the soft-shelled crab.

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed 23 February 2017

I have been to a lot of restaurants in my day... having grown up in NYC ..never never in my life ( 67 years ). Have I ever been treated better then today.. my mother ( god rest her ) would not have treated me better.. went for lunch with my daughter and son in law.. at 1 pm .. oh did I mention they are not open at 1 pm?? .. was not a problem. Franco says ( owner ) come in .. sit ..let me bring some appetizers .. while you figure out what to eat.. did I mention the placed was closed ? OMG .. place is drop dead gorgeous.. the bread is to die for.. food was incredible.. just incredible.. wait gets better so before we leave..FRANCO brings over a bottle of Italian wine on him.. I hugged .. cried .. and love this man .. btw did I mention the place was closed ? .. my new favorite place ever..Franco. I love you .. Ty Ty Ty .eh ..go enjoy ..Trust me.. best ever .. JJR

Date of visit: February 2017
2  Thank accurateanswer
Reviewed 1 February 2017

Four of us dined at La Cupola this past Sunday evening. We all loved it!

La Cupola has sophisticated yet relaxing atmosphere. Our waitress was very nice and our food was fabulous!

They prepare their dinners fresh when ordered and are happy to accommodate special needs including gluten free.

For our appetizers we enjoyed delicious stuffed mushrooms caps and the caprese salad with fresh creamy mozzarella. Two at our table had the salmon with spinach which was excellent. One had the Scalopini Saltimbocca and raved over it. I absolutely loved my entree! It was the Gamberi al Gusto, "jumbo shrimp sauteed in a garlic, scallion, and cognac cream sauce served over spinach risotto". It was the best dinner I have ever had! The shrimp were flavorful, moist, and tender. The risotto was deliciously creamy. The cognac sauce was unbelievable! It was rich, creamy and just delightful. It was a generous serving and I did not leave a morsel.
Dessert was tiramisu and creme brulee, both were wonderful!

The people are nice, the dining room is immaculate, and the food is outstanding. We all agreed it was a great evening and look forward to returning soon.

Date of visit: January 2017
1  Thank 621gails
Reviewed 17 January 2017

Since my last review in 2012, we have gone there many times. The food is some of the best we have ever had. This past time had thick pork chops with hot peppers, and a mushromm risotto It was great, took half home and enjoyed again the next day. Mussels and clams done perfect, as was the fish dish.
This place does Italian food very reminiscent of what one would get in some of the best resturants in southern Italy.
The pasta and small pizzas takes one back to Naples Italy.
Great mix drinks (hard to find a better manhattan) good wine selection though the wines tend to be a bit pricy, but your are in the Litchfield hills.
Most of the meals and drinks are in line with the area.
Great atmosphere in dining area, bar at times can be lively, and always friendly.

Date of visit: January 2017
1  Thank michaelrR9604QU
Reviewed 15 December 2016 via mobile

Beautiful building I was excited. Appetizers for the most part excellent, I just wish we had serving utensils! Staff was fair, although they told us pasta had no seafood in it. Yes it did, shrimp! Thank god no allergic reaction. Buffet food warm not hot, a lot of it but it was just ok. Really I was disappointed, if you want an ok uneven dining experience this is it. I wonder if I came with my wife if quality would improve? However, 35 minute ride each way, l won't risk it.

Date of visit: December 2016