“I LOVE CT Pizza!!!”

Mario The Baker
Ranked #11 of 380 Restaurants in Bridgeport
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 19 July 2017

Whenever I get back to CT, the ONE THING I really want to have is pizza! Mario's is some of the best in the state! Added a delicious eggplant grinder, and it was the best lunch! Great food and wonderful service, eat in or carry out!

Reviewed 2 April 2017

My wife and I have been here many times. The food is really good. A lot of people must also think so because there was a line out the door. We didn't have to wait last night but, I would have. I've read the bad that people put on here and I just don't see it. The place is busy because it's good. Relax and have a good time. My wife and I ate last night for 55.00 with desert. The cheese cake wasn't the best. That's my tip, don't get the cheese cake.

Reviewed 13 March 2017

My sister and I were looking for a place to have lunch driving from PA to Mass and came across this place. We arrived a little ahead of the lunch crowd so weren't too concerned when the place was fairly empty. The server & other staff we saw didn't come across too welcoming but we figured we would keep an open mind. Our lunches took a little longer than we expected but were certainly delicious when they arrived. The prices seemed very reasonable and the menu had choices from salads to sandwiches to pizza and full dinners.

Reviewed 2 March 2017

Stopped in for pizza midweek before a local concert. The food was very good as was the service. We enjoyed our meal at Mario the Baker.

Reviewed 22 February 2017

Mario's is a pizza joint so I thought, once inside I knew I was in for a treat. I have to be truthful I frequent another cozy establishment in the area and the patrons are always saying if you like this place you have to go to Mario's so I'm here. The service is wonderful very attentive even thou the room is very busy . Seating for about fifty, comfortably. We were served drinks menus very nice bread, the menu had all sort of mouth watering choices but I had my mind set on the chicken Francese. We ordered of course I ordered my chicken, we ordered wine and relaxed they changed the music from a soft playing pop to Italian opera also soft playing and then my highly anticipated, very hyped, Chicken Francese arrived. The dish was plate very nicely with two very large slightly pounded breasts of chicken a gathering of perfectly done broccoli with a kind of falic looking fingerling potato hanging down beneath the broccoli
bush. Oh enough of my wordy critique, my chicken was bathed in a very light lemony wine sauce with thin slices of sautéed lemons on top. I took my first bite and I was in haven this chicken had surpassed all my hopeful expectations. I ate the rest of my chicken and even my husband ,my dining partner disappeared just me and my Chicken Francese. Not a 10 an elven you see an eleven is higher than 10!