See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

I travel 70% of the year mainly in rural Australia and these rooms were great. Good sized TV, Microwave, Toaster breakfast to your door at reasonable prices and a good bed no concrete bed. Owners very friendly and the rooms very clean. Only downside was they were a little dark but hey great to sleep in!! 5 Stars for the price and service.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 January 2017

This is the type of Motel I remember from my childhood days taking roadtrips with the family to visit far-flung relatives. Simple, but clean and comfortable, with old fashioned service.

I stayed for a few days whilst in Heywood on business, and can't really fault the motel in any way. Everything worked as it should, the bed was comfortable enough to sleep on, the water pressure in the shower was good, and the breakfast I ordered was a hearty feed for a reasonable price. The owners/managers were quite friendly and approachable.

It's everything I expected and hoped it would be for the price, a good, honest country motel.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2016

We stayed here on our way from Adelaide to Melbourne. The room was reasonably priced at $108 for a family of 3. The lady when we checked in and out was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and tidy and we were able to make coffee, tea etc. It was really disappointing to find that the bed was so uncomfortable so consequently we didn't sleep very well. I think the mattress had been on it for more than 10 years. Not the sort of thing you want after a day travelling and especially when you will be doing the same the next day.

Room Tip: If you're offered room 17, try for another one.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
heywoodmotorinn, Manager at Heywood Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2016

It would have been nice if you told us about the bed before you told the world we do have a pride in our motel that bed went straight to the fire we like to be told about these things as we don't sleep in these beds

Reviewed 28 March 2016

Great place for golfing group to stay. we had 13 rooms.
Great dining room for breakfast and Dinner. Food was great.
Owners Kevin & Jill very friendly.Room Very Comfortable.
Even loaned one of our group his Golf Cart.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2016

Decided to stay here to break the Great Ocean Road Drive from Melbourne to Adelaide. This place is best described as a motel where the car is parked right next in front of your room.
+ve
Cheap place to break the stay compared to other locations such as mount gambier
It is easy to find as there was a blue sign driving off from the highway stating motel is x-distance away
The room delivers what it states on the website, such as towels, microwave, hair dryer etc.
A positive surprise was internet wifi is available at reception/their main house. But not in any of the rooms that are sold hence you have to walk to reception to get the internet, which the owners shared the passwords with us.

-ve
No internet in the room.
The room is a little dated as mentioned by others as well.
The management are not internet saavy hence am unsure even if they read their feedback and learn how they can improve.
The management who run the place are not as friendly as we would have thought being in a such a stress free easy going location. We reached around 930pm and needed internet for a few minutes for some last minute work. The lady receptionist asked us to stand outside the house and get wifi access. It was cold and after a few minutes she turned of the wifi - I guess it was time for them to sleep.
We made the booking via booking.com and they wanted to charge me extra for an infant and another adult whilst the website said double room. The charge was 10AUD for second adult and 20AUD for the infant. I found this unethical to charge for an infant, as we have not experienced this anywhere. After much discussion I paid for the second adult as I noticed that number of adults did not match as per reservation however I completely disagreed on the charge for the infant.

Overall - I would not stay here again as I saw far better places in Mount Gambier or Portland etc. They are 50-100AUD more expensive however I think it would be better off. Only deal with the management in the morning and afternoon. After 8pm - avoid as it is a rural setting and they are used to taking it easy :)

Room Tip: Take the renovated bathrooms
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family

We normally start work cooking breakfast at 5am in the morning and like to retire about 9.30 we advertise that we do not have wifi and were being nice to you to having access to our private internet.The office was locked at 9.30 as we were going to bed.The price of a room here is $98 for 2 and if you had told the truth when booking .Booking .com was current with the price.Have a good look at true comments on our motel this is the only sight where people can write untrue comments