“A Dining Delight”
Review of Bann Thai - CLOSED

Bann Thai
Reviewed 20 April 2016

We went there for the first time last weekend and are so glad that we made the trip. I had noticed the restaurant a number of times and made the mental not to try it. Reviews under the previous owner were very mixed, low ratings in both food and service, but were high under the new management. I am glad we went. The restaurant's atmosphere is bright, roomy and for me - perfect. The wait staff was very attentive - they acted as if they existed to make the dining experience memorable. They do not have a liquor license but do allow you to BYOB if that matters to you.

The food was excellent. I was hungry, and we ordered one of their delicious Fresh Spring Rolls as an appetizer. Fresh veggies wrapped in rice skin - light and nutritious.

For the meal, we may have erred, not in quality but quantity. The portions are very generous. We had the Pineapple Fried Rice with pork, Lava Chicken and the Pad Thai with pork. For the first time in memory, I took home leftovers from an Asian restaurant and there a nice lunch the next day. I really enjoyed the crispiness of the lava chicken and the texture of the Pad Thai. Flavors exploded, and I really enjoyed the experience. The meal, with a tax and tip was about $55, which is very reasonable for the quality of the food.

We will definitely be returning soon!

2  Thank Morris A

Reviewed 4 April 2016

As previous reviews have said, Bann Thai has a new owner. We ate there when it first opened with the previous owner and I did not find the food or service bad. This time with the new owner the food and service was outstanding. Good attention to the presentation of the food, and regular checking in by the waitering staff about how things were.

We both had Tom Yum soup for the appetizer. My wife then had Pad Thai and I had a seafood dinner (can't recall the name and could not spell it if I did!). Normally it is easy for me to skip desert and save the calories, but I could not resist the mango with red sticky rice. It was a great way to end the dining experience.

I like the main dining area, open with high ceilings and large windows on the street side that have panes of glass and refinished hardwood floors. Between the lights of the cars going by and the restaurant lights reflecting off all the glass panes, it provides a warm, relaxing atmosphere to dine in.

There is plenty of parking behind the restaurant and they have a back door for picking up take out orders, or you can walk around to the front and enter through the door facing the street.

The waitresses and new owners all found their way over to our table to chat with us. They were very interested in getting feedback from us about how we liked our meals. Overall, a great dining experience.

2  Thank Special_Deluxe
Reviewed 26 March 2016 via mobile

This is the best Thai Restaurant ever. Great food, Great atmosphere and Great services. I really love the Drunken Noodles, Pineapple Fried Rice and Panaeng Curry so much! I heard about how bad is this restaurant in previous but I've just known that they have new owner right now and I can tell that EVERYTHING is BETTER than before. The food is awesome and fresh with reasonable price. Also the waitresses is so nice and friendly. At dinner time they have a little candle on the table that is so cute and romantic. 100% recommend to my friends and family!

2  Thank Yoyoism
Reviewed 25 March 2016

Last minute lunch with a friend at a place we both wanted to try ..the service by the girls were super friendly and knowledgeable & the food was good. I had the chicken yellow curry, chicken just a bit on the tough side but the curry was excellent. Salad was extremely fresh with a tasty peanut dressing and the soup was delicious. Inside of restaurant was clean & bright, delightful find in Cheshire.

3  Thank D K
Reviewed 20 December 2015

Delicious food when it gets delivered to you. The wait staff basically ignore you. I do not recommend eating in at all.