“Great food & so fun!”

Doc's Bar & Grill
Ranked #28 of 44 Restaurants in Clinton
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

Nice atmosphere the owners were great. The food was good and the prices were right. The acoustic band had a great sound. Definitely going to go back again.

Reviewed 27 June 2016

Went to this bar/grill with my sister and it is clean, spacious and the bartender Jennifer was so friendly and welcomed us with her outgoing personality. I would go back just to see her. The burgers are nasty, fries and onion rings cooked in old fry oil that should have been changed. The only good thing was the nachos with chicken but even that wasn't even layered so once you eat the top you are left with a pile of chips. This place has a pool table. So I will go back cause of the bartender but NOT for the food. If it wasn't for the bartender I would have rated this place lower.

Reviewed 19 June 2016

People have to remember that this is a bar first,with a limited menu but the food is pretty good.I stopped in for lunch a few weeks ago and was quite impressed with the turkey club and home-made french fries that I had.

Reviewed 6 September 2014

I've been there twice now and will definitely be going back. The fish tacos are awesome (we had them both times). I think the new owners are from Southern Cal, so the food has an authentic Mexican flavor. Heard they serve breakfast, but I haven't been in that early. Great bar. Good place to relax with some drinks before dinner. The staff is very friendly and doesn't rush you.

2  Thank Steve29229
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Upon entry, you can't help but notice a big bar, TV, white board, dart boards, some tables/chairs and the left-over nautical theme from the previous occupants. That's it! The friendly waitress gave us our pub menu and set down a bowl of popcorn - not chips and salsa, but popcorn! Prices are reasonable; portions not particularly substantial. The advertised hand-cut nachos were drenched in melted Velveeta with some jalapenos thrown on top and a dollop of sour cream, refried beans, and guacamole on the side of the plate. The same refried beans, which taste like they came from a can, accompanied our order - fish tacos. They weren't bad but lacked that "punch" generally associated with Mexican food. The cabbage slaw on the tacos was nothing more than shredded cabbage. If it had been marinated, that taste was hard to find. The salsa serve with the order was finely chopped red and yellow peppers, seasoned with black pepper. All in all, unless you're looking for a cold beer or other drink, find some place else to go.

3  Thank pearl33814