“SERVICE WAS GOOD HOUSE KEEPING WAS GREAT..FRONT DESK WAS AWESOME. HAD NO PROBLEMS AT ALL.AND YES I WOULD RETURN TO THAT”

Super 8 Cromwell/Middletown
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Cromwell
Reviewed 15 March 2017

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Super8Mgt, Owner at Super 8 Cromwell/Middletown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2017

Reviewed 13 March 2017

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Super8Mgt, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Cromwell/Middletown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2017

Reviewed 11 March 2017

I made a reservation late in the evening via booking.com, which does not allow you to put money down on the room. When I arrived (nearly at midnight) I was told that my reservation had been cancelled because I had not shown up "on time"- even though I had made my reservation just hours before. They offered me a smoking room which is not possible for me given respiratory issues. Canceling a reservation for someone who hasn't shown up by the late evening is of course reasonable for any hotel, except if they do not give you the option to put money down and make no indication of a check-in deadline when you book.

This would have been frustrating enough, but when I posted my initial review on TA the management outright lied in a response by claiming that I had already booked another hotel and had never planned to stay there in the first place. In fact, I had called another hotel while in line at the check-in desk because it was taking so long for the desk attendant to process the guests in front of me. When the desk attendant told me "good luck finding another place," I angrily told him I already had found one, even though I hadn't.

Room Tip: Don't make reservations via booking.com!
Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business

Dear Guest, we had already handled this. You provided an invalid CC number for the booking and on a near sold out night we attempted to authorize and came back declined so we immediately cancelled and sold the room as we have every right to do so. If the room was such a priority for you, you should have made attempts to provide valid CC or call the hotel, email or even contact the booking agent which you didnt do either. If you are still complaining about a booking from october 9th, we must have really hit a nerve and your losing sleep to still be complaining about this. Please, move on and direct your energy towards a more useful healthy project.

Reviewed 7 March 2017

I go to CT from Maine on a quarterly basis for business. I have stayed here every 3 months for the past 3 years. It has always been clean and neat and quite reasonable. It is centrally located for my needs. Not fancy and getting a fridge or microwave is haphazard, but these were not that important to me. So, why won't I stay here again? At checkout I found out the "new" owners had started charging a $50 "security" fee and that as of May 1 it was going up to $100. Yes, it is just an authorization returned in 2-5 business days, but as a small business person it hurts my cash flow. And aside from the fact I find it insulting, and since the place has never had more than approximately 20% occupancy when I've been there, it is not warranted given the level of the facility and the enormous availability of similarly priced, similarly outfitted facilities in the area. Hope the "new" owners find the change worthwhile.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Super8Mgt, Owner at Super 8 Cromwell/Middletown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2017

Dear Guest, we do value feedback however, this is a requirement for all guests regardless of how when who they have booked through. To protect our investment, the owners and our VP in ownership group have mandated that this policy be in place. You are correct there are many other options, we never force a guest to stay with us. Our authorization policy is noted in 5 different areas of the front desk and is clearly explained in writing.

Reviewed 27 February 2017

The place was clean and a good price. They were in the process of remodeling and the third floor and most of the second floor was closed, but there was no problems with excessive noise or poor housekeeping. The continental breakfast was kind of weak. No bagels. Pretty bad coffee. But other than that, a nice cheap clean place to stay,

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Dear Paul, we appreciate the honest review. We are scheduled to be completed by may 2017

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cromwell
0.5 km away
9.5 km away
Passport Inn & Suites Middletown
4.8 km away
Days Inn Berlin Meriden

Been to Super 8 Cromwell/Middletown? Share your experiences!