“Mattress soft and lunmpy”

Super 8 Cromwell/Middletown
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Cromwell
Reviewed 24 March 2017

The beds are getting soft and lumpy...I felt I was sleeping on an angle and the blankets provided are not adequate for winter in CT and I should not have to ask for a warmer blanket and have to remake my bed.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Super8Mgt, Manager at Super 8 Cromwell/Middletown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2017

Hello, it looks like you've stayed here in the past and another negative which seems to be an ongoing trend. The blankets we provide are to Super 8 Brand standards and requirement, no more, no less. Often times when personal items or a DND is in place the room cannot be serviced. When housekeeping is done for the day it becomes your responsibility to request items that you missed during normal services. As you were made aware we are renovating and are scheduled for completion may 2017.

Reviewed 18 March 2017

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Super8Mgt, Manager at Super 8 Cromwell/Middletown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2017

Reviewed 15 March 2017

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Super8Mgt, Owner at Super 8 Cromwell/Middletown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2017

Reviewed 13 March 2017

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Super8Mgt, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Cromwell/Middletown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2017

Reviewed 11 March 2017

I made a reservation late in the evening via booking.com, which does not allow you to put money down on the room. When I arrived (nearly at midnight) I was told that my reservation had been cancelled because I had not shown up "on time"- even though I had made my reservation just hours before. They offered me a smoking room which is not possible for me given respiratory issues. Canceling a reservation for someone who hasn't shown up by the late evening is of course reasonable for any hotel, except if they do not give you the option to put money down and make no indication of a check-in deadline when you book.

This would have been frustrating enough, but when I posted my initial review on TA the management outright lied in a response by claiming that I had already booked another hotel and had never planned to stay there in the first place. In fact, I had called another hotel while in line at the check-in desk because it was taking so long for the desk attendant to process the guests in front of me. When the desk attendant told me "good luck finding another place," I angrily told him I already had found one, even though I hadn't.

Room Tip: Don't make reservations via booking.com!
Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business

Dear Guest, we had already handled this. You provided an invalid CC number for the booking and on a near sold out night we attempted to authorize and came back declined so we immediately cancelled and sold the room as we have every right to do so. If the room was such a priority for you, you should have made attempts to provide valid CC or call the hotel, email or even contact the booking agent which you didnt do either. If you are still complaining about a booking from october 9th, we must have really hit a nerve and your losing sleep to still be complaining about this. Please, move on and direct your energy towards a more useful healthy project.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cromwell
4.5 km away
4.8 km away
Days Inn Berlin Meriden
10.0 km away
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden

Been to Super 8 Cromwell/Middletown? Share your experiences!