“My favorite place”

Mezon Tapas Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 290 Restaurants in Danbury
Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of the Mill Plain Road dining district in Danbury, Mezón Tapas Bar & Restaurant tastefully combines old world Spanish elegance with the passion and energy of the tropics. Our menu features an inventive fusion of Spanish, Latin American, and Caribbean inspired dishes, featuring locally grown and seasonal ingredients. We offer an extensive wine list that features some of the best wines from South America and Spain, and our full bar serves up signature cocktails to top it all off. Join us in our Euro-Caribbean dining room, a reflection of our fusion, or grab a table at our outdoor patio where you can relax and enjoy the best mojito and sangria around. From catering to sit down dining parties for individuals, families, and businesses alike, Mezón offers it all. Whether it's hanging out with old friends or meeting new people, Mezón's care free environment and exotic cocktails offer something fun and exciting for everyone. Prepare to be transported to a time of tradition, passion, flavor, and soul!
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

I have visited three times and each time I am not disappointed. Today we stopped for lunch and it was packed. We had empanadas, carnitas tostones, shrimp blt wrap and permit. Each one was so tasty. I was glad I had leftovers to eat at home. The yucca fries and tostones will be a nice snack later on. I highly recommend. My only complaint- too much ice in the drinks.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Third lunch at Mezon over the last 18 months. Food is delicious and spot on. I highly recommend the tapas lunch special (2 plates for $14), and the kale salad. This visit was a celebration of our anniversary, we shared to lunch specials and split a kale salad. With one sangria and a sparkling water the bill was a reasonable $53. Wait staff was pleasant, knowledgeable, and attentive in a decor that was clean and attractive. A true delight and worth pulling off I-84 if you're passing through the Danbury, CT area.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

We went first time because I got a gift certificate, and we've beeen back many times since. Why? The food is great and the tapas come from a wide variety of Central and South American foods. And the service is always friendly. Great for a casual dining night out.

1  Thank Jim G
Reviewed 1 October 2017

If you like a place where you can order small portions of several items, Mezon Tapas is the perfect spot. Nice atmosphere and it can get crowded.

1  Thank lqdassets
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I ordered 5 dishes, thinking the items would complement each other. But everything came out 1 or 2 at a time, so it was sequential eating. Most of the items were delicious, but the sauce with the grilled asparagus was inedibly salty. We had to scrape it off.