“Enjoyed Our First Time at Della Francesca”
Review of Della Francesca

Della Francesca
Reserve with OpenTable
Della Francesca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 286 Restaurants in Danbury
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 November 2017

We were on our way home and stopped in Danbury for the night. After checking reviews, we decided to eat at Della Francesca's as it was close to our hotel. We enjoyed our meal. The service was very professional to go with excellent Italian food. We both ordered from their diverse menu. There is something available for everyone's taste. When we're return to the Danbury area next time, we will definitely plan on eating dinner again at Della Francesca. Highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

This restaurant suck.... the food horrible... no management no real chef.... c'mon.
How can you stay in business? Worst food I ever had in my life.
We are in 2017 not in 1980

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

We were a party of four and everyone loved their entree. My salmon was delicious with a balsamic glaze. Service was attentive without being overbearing. There was a specials menu with no prices listed which is something that really should be corrected. No one should have to be surprised when receiving a bill. The atmosphere was pleasant but noisy making conversation somewhat difficult. Bottom line......the food was so good I would return.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

My friend and I sat at the bar. We ordered a Kendall Jackson chardonnay by the glass . We got a chardonnay but not a Kendall Jackson. I asked for the California sauvignon blanc, which the surly bartender fumbled around for, and finally poured. To my taste it was a New Zealand wine and I asked to see the bottle. After a bit of a struggle the bottle was produced , and proved to be from New Zealand , No apologies given, and nobody could find the California version. I then ordered the Pinot Grigio which was poured ,and again not the one advertised on the wine list. At $ 12.00 a glass of wine,one should get the producer that is listed, this is clearly a bait and switch practice. Next, I ordered their steamed little neck clams and asked that they be steamed in wine and garlic and omit the "Tomato sauce and pernod " no problem" ,I was told. Out came clams ranging in size from top necks to almost quahogs (more bait and switch practices} smothered in a congealed thick canned chicken broth based sauce. It was insipid and disgusting. I had one clam, and called it quits. My partner had a seafood linguine that was supposed to have lobster sauce on it. Not only was this not lobster sauce , ( it was much like the fake butter they put on pop corn at the movie theater) but for $ 25.00 there were 2 shrimp and never have I seen this, 2 scallops that were cut horizontally on a slicer to make 4 pieces of over cooked rubber. Overall a tasteless dish that we did not finish. The bartender never asked "how every thing was?' , although we were asked multiple times "if we wanted more wine". After he collected our plates ," I mentioned that I had not eaten the clams to which he replied "fine" and left. To their credit it was taken off the bill. For $ 46.00 we had 2 glasses of wine of unknown origin 2 shrimp. two scallops, some soggy linguine and stale bread, and the company of a bartender that was better suited for mortuary work. We went home and my husband poured us a lovely rose' and made popcorn with real butter and imported parmesan cheese.

4  Thank 159lff
Reviewed 28 June 2017

Della Francesca is an excellent restaurant with excellent service. It is expensive but you get what you pay for. Nice for special occasions.