Before returning to the busy NYC area with high hotel prices for our flight home, we wanted to spend one final night outside the city, were hotels are more affordable. Coming down the Hudson River valley we picked this LQ based on ratings - and price! Looking at the reservation system at the time of writing, the price has increased to a "good" LQ price (under 90$) given that the hotel is new - at the time of our stay it was way below that and very attractive. Since it was affordable and we still had to re-pack our luggage we even chose a mini-suite, which was still very cheap.
Before I talk about the hotel experience, let me start with the same complaint all the other guests had: finding it. We were coming from the west on I-84 using a GPS device - we were led somewhere to the south of the interstate, but definitely nowhere near the hotel. We drove around a little until we finally found it on the north side of the interstate, sitting on top of the hill. Knowing where it is makes it easy, but looking for it - well - its a jungle of roads and intersections and definitely needs practice. We had to look for the parking spaces, there is a small lot right in front of the building and to its side, but it was full - solution: go around the building, there is more parking near the restaurant.
The LQ is a very large property, maybe this explains the varying prices, they have a lot of rooms to fill, I don't know why anyone would build so many rooms out here. It is directly linked with an Outback Steakhouse. When we entered the lobby we felt a little lost, it is really huge - not the most comfortable atmosphere, it felt a little sterile due to bright lights and everything. Entering you will be facing a large breakfast area (that we didn't get to try due to timing constraints). It all looks very modern and high-tech. The front desk advised us that we would get a free appetizer at the restaurant next door.
Walking to our room the impression stuck around, the place is new and well maintained, but it lacks some of the cozyness of other hotels. Our mini-suite was well equipped with refrigerator, microwave, flatscreen TV - all furniture was up to the latest LQ standards. However, in other franchise buildings I have seen better room layouts with a separating wall or something. Our room was more like "any idea on how to put in the furniture?": bed and sofa+table against the wall on the right side, all technical equipment, cabinets, sideboards, TV, desk in one straight line on the left wall, floorspace in between. Again, empty, cool, not too cozy. Room and bathroom were clean, nothing to complain about. We had a good night's sleep even though our room was facing the highway - since you're on top of a hill, apparently street noise won't get to you.
Overall we had a very pleasant stay at a great price. We would not hesitate to recommend this hotel. The atmosphere has room for improvement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury received the 2015 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence and the TripAdvisor Hall of Fame award, a designation for earning the Certificate of Excellence for five consecutive years. Directly off I-84, our La Quinta is ideally located. We are just minutes from Candlewood Lake, Western Connecticut State University and The Ridgefield Playhouse. The hotel is a great resting stop for those travelers continuing to northern destinations such as Boston, Cape Cod, Maine and Canada as well as those heading for the southern Atlantic states. A day trip to NYC is always fun! Located nearby are local vineyards on the Connecticut Wine Trail, antique shops on the famous Route 6 corridor, ski resorts and amusement parks such as Lake Compounce. Many corporations such as Pitney Bowes, Praxair, Entegris, Emerson, Sealed Air and Duracell are home to the Danbury/Bethel area. The La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury features 133 guest rooms. Travelers enjoy our free Bright Side Breakfast™ each morning and all rooms provide free High-Speed wi-fi, a mini-fridge and a microwave. Pets are always welcome! Energize in our complimentary fitness room and in the summer, relax and refresh in or outdoor salt water pool. The on-site Outback Steakhouse is available to enjoy a mouthwatering meal for lunch and dinner or to enjoy a cocktail in the lounge. These thoughtful amenities also make the La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury the perfect spot to accommodate family and friends as a group or individually for weddings, reunions, sporting and theater events. We look forward to having you stay with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Danbury
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury Hotel Danbury
- Wellesley Hotel Danbury
- La Quinta Danbury