“New Name and posssibly new Chef”
Review of Amba Vilas Palace

Amba Vilas Palace
Ranked #38 of 285 Restaurants in Danbury
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 12 September 2016

Stopped in for dinner with friends on Labor Day Sunday; holiday weekend so no crowds. We were aware of the name change and the possibility of new ownership and staff and hoped for the best. We were not disappointed.
The food here is very good to amazing, depending on what you order. The Masala Dosa is light and airy, as it should be. The filling could be a bit more, but it is tasty, and the sauce is delightfully spicy and pungent, a welcome change from the usual bland sauces that are usually offered.
The stand-out dish of the evening was the Bahti (sp.) Chicken, which was the best we have ever had...and that includes the best restaurants in the Indian dominated areas for London. The Bindi Masala (okra) is also worth the try, if you are into okra.
If you are a fan of this cuisine, you owe it you yourself to try Amba Vilas...you never know when they are going to change hands again, and this newest group is worth the visit.

Reviewed 9 September 2016

The restaurant is small, located in a very small shopping plaza and the wait staff is even smaller. All that having been said, the two people in help were always available and were very good. The Indian food is higher end than the usual stuff served in New York City restaurants. If you are anywhere in the area I strongly suggest you try this place.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

I was craving Indian Food and went on a Saturday afternoon. The options were abundant and varied, I was able to taste a wide variety of dishes. Would have loved a Lamb Korma or Lamb curry on the buffet, but not offered on the day I went. A bit pricey for a buffet but worth it.

Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

The first time ate I love it and all people should go I gurente you will love it the make the nan very good and fresh 100 percent good

Reviewed 10 June 2016 via mobile

First time getting take out from this restaurant. The food was very good, but even the mild entrees were very hot. I have had lots of Indian food before, and I like a bit of hotness. I would definitely try it again but I would ask them to take the hotness down a notch. I used their online ordering system for take out meals which took 20% off the bill and it worked perfectly. Will definitely give them another shot now that I know their spice levels.

1  Thank MaddiesDad