“Good food(Dal and rice)”

Royal Guard Fish and Chips
Ranked #56 of 290 Restaurants in Danbury
Cuisines: Pakistani
Reviewed 27 June 2015 via mobile

Excellent taste and good Dal Rice. Very few staff but cooperative. I would highly recommend this restaurant.
My wife like vegetable Biryani from this restaurant and now we do not need to find paradise and to go far for biryani.

Reviewed 22 January 2015

My husband and I were delighted to come upon this immaculately clean and welcoming place. The owner and his son were gracious, warm hosts in this simple place. We were served the most delicious Chicken Tikka, fragrant Basmati rice, fluffy, hot, freshly prepared Naan. The serving was enough for two. My husband's British cod was exquisitely crisp, fresh and hot and the chips were perfectly crisp, meaty and delicious. I am so happy to discover this place that perfectly satisfies our two different tastes. Did I mention how immaculately clean it all is? Thank you, thank you, thank you! We will return often and can't wait to try the lunch buffet so I can explore other Indian and Pakistani dishes.

Reviewed 8 September 2014

The Indian food at Royal Guard is really good, but if you like authentic English fish and chips, you won't find them here. The chips (fries) are cooked with their skins on - which is not how fish and chips should be served. Nothing against fries with skins, but they don't belong with fish and chips.

My other problem with Royal Guard is simply the length of time it takes for the food to be available. During busy periods, for example, they never seem to want to build up even a modest buffer of fish. While I applaud items like battered fish being cooked as fresh and possible, the industrial "just in time" model should apply here. If you know your average business flow across the days of the week, you should be able to manage your potential backlog more efficiently.

So while I still yearn an authentic English "chippie" as they're called over there, I have had good experiences with the Indian menu at the Royal Guard.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I was in the mood for some fish and chips and found this place. To my surprise, its also an Indian/Pakistani restaurant. When you walk in, the smell was different...Is it fish you smell or Indian food? I ordered the fish and chips and the fish was thick, white and very mild. The crust was crispy. It was perfectly cooked. The fries were also very good. I now want to go back and see what else they offer. I'm glad I stopped in!

Reviewed 1 February 2014

During my military days I was stationed in England and learned to love real fish&chips. There was something about how great there were. Most people think of fish&chips and grease comes to mind, but not if it is made right. Take it from me, my wife and, brother in law who are both Brits.
Royal Guard Fish and Chips are the best we have every had on this side of the pond.
Not a fancy place, but clean, bright, and friendly. I remember when they were in the mall and had long lines waiting to order. My mouth is watering just writing this review. Try it you won't be disappointed. Two thumbs up.

1  Thank Jan&Dean