“Great food, Great Service”
Review of Fiza Restaurant

Fiza Restaurant
Ranked #184 of 285 Restaurants in Danbury
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Reviewed 21 June 2015

I was surprised to see only 2 ratings so far. As a 3 time patron of Fiza (so far), I am happy to note that this establishment is clean, has staff that is welcoming, and food that is deliciously prepared at reasonable prices. They even have a market conveniently attached next door.

Reviewed 9 March 2015

I love good Indian food and was very excited to try this place. We started with the vegetable samosa appetizer and it was superb, so good in fact that we forgot to take a photo. Next, we had the chicken tikka masala and the chicken vandaloo. Both were disappointing.

When we ordered the vandaloo, we were asked if we wanted it mild, medium or spicy. We said spicy and were greatly disappointed because, while it had some heat, it was flavorless and nowhere the heat I would expect from spicy Indian food. The tikka masala was less than bland with a watery sauce and not the creamy spicy sauce I've had at other Indian restaurants. Even the rice, while it had evidence of cloves and caraway seeds, was bland and not aromatic. So here is my summary...

Pros:
Beautiful establishment
Clean
Great vegetable Samosa
Naan was good
Nice sized portions

Cons:
Too bland
Flavorless
lacked the complex flavors found in good Indian food

1  Thank thegeekboy
Reviewed 19 January 2015

I am absolutely elated that Danbury finally has an Indian restaurant worth going too! Fiza is located right in the heart of the city and either a new or beautifully renovated building. Stumbled upon its listing on Yelp and knew that we had to check it out. We have been sorely disappointed with other Indian restaurants in the area. Fiza's food and service were outstanding. All the typical dishes you'd expect were available - including our favorites Chicken Vindaloo and Aloo Gobi. The onion and garlic naan were insanely good too. My Chicken Vindaloo was wonderfully spicy and perfectly seasoned. Portions were just right. The restaurant also has a fantastic mint and jalapeño sauce that was served with our starter bread, couldn't get enough of it. Tasted great on the naan too. My only complaint is the table cloths - if a restaurant is going to have table cloths, they have to be changed after ever diner. The one on our table was a bit grimy and there were stains from previous guests. I would definitely recommend they just go to just the wooden table tops - it will look even better! Besides this one point, everything else was great! We will definitely be back.