Super 8 by Wyndham Danbury
US$119
Hampton.com
GardenInn.com
La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury(Danbury)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$179
SpringHill Suites
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$164/night.

Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84(Danbury)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$119
TripAdvisor
US$101
TripAdvisor
All reviewsroom was cleandunkin donutscigarette smellnon smoking roomwaffleswi firoad noiseflat screen tvfree breakfastright next doordanbury areastaff was friendlybusiness tripmotelmartamicrowaveshampoo
Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Grateful to find a room since we had no heat due to a power outage for 5 days. No other rooms in any Danbury hotels so I was glad to find one. Inexpensive and good location near major roads. Stayed for 2 nights.

But do not stay here unless you are desperate for warmth or are okay with a strong odor of cigarette smoke. I should have known when I arrived late and the front desk person was outside smoking (near the no smoking sign), leaving the front desk empty. I would be concerned about staying here if I was traveling alone as twice I saw the front without staff.

Once inside I was overwhelmed by a strong odor in the elevator, hallways and 4th floor non smoking rooms. My child described it as smelling like “an aunt who chain-smokes”. Mix of chemical cleaner and cigarettes. Non smoking rooms smelled of smoke that must be coming in from floors below or are imbedded in walls and drapes. Turning on the room heat amplified the odor. Cold room smelled too but slightly better. Had to wash all my clothes to get the odor out. My car lingered with the smell from my coat which had been in the room.

If you smoke you may be okay here. There are many many other issues with this hotel but I can overlook those issues because it is an inexpensive option. Smell I cannot.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank LovesTravel41
Ana D, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Danbury, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

We apologize that your time here was not the positive experience we want you to have. Please know we are in the process of doing some updates to our hotel and will be addressing the issues you mentioned. We ask that you contact us directly so that we can further discuss your experience with our staff and hotel. Thank you for taking the time to share your review and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

Every single time the Wi-Fi went out, it happened to be when this snotty girl was working the front desk. By definition, she always spoke to me with a poor attitude, not even just when I would inquire about assistance with the Wi-Fi. But, when I would ask her for help regarding the internet connection, every single time she would argue that HER internet worked fine. But, if the Wi-Fi is working on neither my phone, nor my laptop, how is it me?

Only one time when she wasn't there, the Wi-Fi wasn't working, and I asked the people at the front desk about it and one of them was the manager. The manager had said that she was very surprised to hear that this had been happening, that there is someone they can call, and that is why she lives there. She stated in her own words that this wasn't good customer service, because when there is a problem, a solution should be provided to the customer who is paying for this service. She said she wished the girl at the front desk had called her to let her know.

It happened again on my last night and the snotty girl kept saying there was nothing she could do, and I asked if she could call the manager. She refused and kept arguing that there isn't anything they can do - meanwhile, I kept trying to explain my previous conversation with the manager who said she wished that she would have called her... she didn't care. So, I went to knock on the manager's door myself, which I told the girl at the front desk I was going to do, and she said it was fine and she still wouldn't even call her. I couldn't believe that the manager acted very surprised that I would knock on her door for this, instead of actually doing something to help after making a big deal about poor customer service. I own a business. I am constantly working and NEED Wi-Fi to use my laptop, which I told her. I had also mentioned this many times to the staff there, who all seemed friendly (except the snotty girl). And the manager did absolutely nothing when I knocked on her door. So, what is the point of saying you will do something to provide a solution, when you are proving that you won't?

I honestly don't get it, and what a coincidence the Wi-Fi seemed to be terrible almost only nights that the snotty girl is working there? I even had a visitor who walked right by her and was surprised she didn't even look up or say anything because she is constantly on her phone. I assume that she is probably running a ton of applications on her phone, which is causing the Wi-Fi to be so slow. For when the General Manager sees this, she was working the night of February 10th and one time had a little girl here with her. On another note, I understand if you're a single mom needing to have your daughter at work, but one time I came back at 3 AM and she was up. Why is your little girl up at 3 AM!!? She looked exhausted.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank TravelGirl6820
Reviewed 5 February 2018

Hotel was simple, good for an overnight stay, room and bath were clean. Do think a bit more could be offered in the free breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 67francess2018
Ana D, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Danbury, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey regarding your stay. Since it helps us improve, we appreciate all the feedback we can get. We continually review the surveys with the hotel staff to make sure everyone knows how we are doing. Thank you!

Reviewed 24 January 2018

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 January 2018

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Super8danburyct, Webmaster at Super 8 by Wyndham Danbury, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018