“Great lunch buffet”

Ginger Root
Ranked #24 of 83 Restaurants in East Hartford
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 2 June 2015

I rarely revisit restaurants because there is that chance that it will ruin your last experience and very rarely have they outperformed my last experience. Service may differ, but food only changes dramatically if there are different chefs on different days or time of day. Now that you know about me, let me tell you about Ginger root. It was great. Been there before and the food was good. Went this time with hubby and the lunch buffet had a great variety of Thai, Chinese, and Japanese dishes, sushi, fruit and dessert. And it was only $8.95. You cannot go wrong with that. The seats need redoing from the overweight people that often visit buffets and I saw a few there too. But otherwise the restaurant was clean, the hostess was accommodating, not necessarily friendly or over the top, but not mean or rude, either. The restaurant was fairly full which is a sign of good food usually. I was happy with my meal and got to try some new dishes and enjoy my lunch date. Definitely go visit. Remember I said very good not excellent, so manage your expectations! Do not take your romantic partner there for an anniversary or significant event. But a lunch date is thoughtful and ideal!

1  Thank TheWorldInTime

Reviewed 14 April 2015

We picked our dishes off menu sheet in our motel room. Food was delivered promptly, hot and delicious, not greasy and priced great at $8.00 per. We were impressed.

Reviewed 12 April 2015

I've been ordering take-out from Ginger Root for years but yesterday I decided to try the Monday-Saturday $8.95 Chinese / Japanese lunch buffet. It was absolutely delicious!! The egg foo young, shrimp dish, and fried scallops were so good! At the Sushi bar I loved the spicy tuna and the seafood sushi! Yung and Kim are great hosts and make you feel like you're part of the family (their daughters help out at the restaurant)!! Try it out - you'll love it!!

Reviewed 25 January 2015

Food is okay but customer service is horrible! Take out may be okay! My family and I went to this place for a family dinner and were stuck with nasty attitudes! The supervisor even raised his voice at us and scared my children because there was a confusion in an order and he had an extra egg role! Food was okay but not worth the frustration! First and last time at that place!

1  Thank Princess6378
Reviewed 28 December 2014 via mobile

This place is horrible, the delivery sucks I placed an order and didn't get it delivered untils hrs later and when I called the restaurant no one picked up so I called the delivery man and he wanted blamed me dude I called you you never called me about my order. After hours of waiting for my food when I finally got it I found a fried cockaroach in my chicken can you believe that worst place ever never again

1  Thank Jennifer T