“Cozy , family, single or couples place. ”
Review of Ginger Root

Ginger Root
Ranked #30 of 83 Restaurants in East Hartford
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

The food is underestimated! The sushi and sashimi really good. The chicken wings are big, crispy and juicy. At dinner time was empty. The place doesn't look much, but if you are looking for fresh flavors, these is the place! Give them business!!!!

Reviewed 30 January 2016 via mobile

Take out is ok, however don't expect to get what you ordered if you grab something to go. I have ordered things multiple times and if you request to not have a certain fish in the lunch or sushi meals they will still put it in.

Reviewed 8 June 2015

This is a small family run restaurant that I've chosen as my go-to chinese take-out place. The steamed veggie dumplings are good, along with the vegetable lo mein and broccoli with garlic sauce. Prices are very reasonable for the amount of food that you get.

1  Thank christine z
Reviewed 2 June 2015

I rarely revisit restaurants because there is that chance that it will ruin your last experience and very rarely have they outperformed my last experience. Service may differ, but food only changes dramatically if there are different chefs on different days or time of day. Now that you know about me, let me tell you about Ginger root. It was great. Been there before and the food was good. Went this time with hubby and the lunch buffet had a great variety of Thai, Chinese, and Japanese dishes, sushi, fruit and dessert. And it was only $8.95. You cannot go wrong with that. The seats need redoing from the overweight people that often visit buffets and I saw a few there too. But otherwise the restaurant was clean, the hostess was accommodating, not necessarily friendly or over the top, but not mean or rude, either. The restaurant was fairly full which is a sign of good food usually. I was happy with my meal and got to try some new dishes and enjoy my lunch date. Definitely go visit. Remember I said very good not excellent, so manage your expectations! Do not take your romantic partner there for an anniversary or significant event. But a lunch date is thoughtful and ideal!

1  Thank TheWorldInTime
Reviewed 14 April 2015

We picked our dishes off menu sheet in our motel room. Food was delivered promptly, hot and delicious, not greasy and priced great at $8.00 per. We were impressed.