Okay I understand the concept of "you get what you pay". But having go frequently travel for business, I have seen many upon many cheap motels and hotels. Most offer basic amenities and a clean room which is all I require.
This particular place.. just seedy from the moment you pull into it's grassy overgrown parking lot where people are wandering around smoking and drinking. Not sure how sober anyone wandering about was. I had to slam my breaks on in the parking lot for a woman who was pulling out of a spot taking a left hand turn into my front end. Turns out she was just parking.. crooked and half way out of her spot into the driving lane. She was heading for the bar.
Checking in was fine, the lobby is fairly nice leaving a glimmer of hope the room would be okay....staff is nice too which is great. Once I made my way upstairs, my hope disappeared. The smell of old food, marijuana, and cigarettes was pungent. Dog barking could be heard from inside the rooms. Taking a close look around, nearly everything was in disrepair. Even simple low cost repairs and cleaning seem to be overlooked-cracked busted door handles, dirty windows, broken plates on electrical switches and outlets
The room itself was outwardly fine at first. Upon closer inspection, there was very ill repaired water damage on the ceiling from above. It was black, looked almost moldy, and it sagged at certain parts. Walking through the door, there appeared be blood stains on the carpet. Two of the light switches in the room didn't work. I inspected the bed out of habit... glad I did. I found a couple of brown specks on the sheets that resembled mice or roach feces. I had a spare sheet in my car so I threw if down to sleep on. The blanket provided had cigarette burns all over it so I just slept blanketless. The mattress wasn't bad which was good!
The roach suspicion was confirmed in the middle of the night when I got up to use the bathroom. I saw two quarter sized roach/beetly looking bugs scurry across the floor. I didn't have my contacts in so I couldn't get a good look. Wish I had snapped a picture but I was panicked and half asleep. I leapt up, attempted to exit the bathroom, got locked in because the bathroom door is busted, but thankfully figured out how to get out. When I finally got out I ran back to bed as to not step on the floor. I ended up packing up and leaving soon after, glad my stay was over.
I read the reviews on this page and while many are good, many are on par with my experience. Management seems to be pretty responsive to these posts which is great but is anything actually truly being done to remedy these issues? The 3 star rating is a long shot. This is not on the same level as a Holiday Inn. Maybe the former Clarion would garner that many stars but this place falls short. This could be a wonderful little place to stay IF even some small amount of effort was made to give the grounds and rooms a little TLC- and not wide screen TVs, large cable package, and luxury product type of TLC.. I mean basic painting, cleaning, and making even the small repairs that could make this place decent. Simple stuff! It'll be worth the expense just in more positive reviews!
People paying your rates aren't expecting a Hilton but there is certainly an expectation of basic cleanliness and safety. Make the simple repairs and changes and you guys could be doing great!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the East Windsor Clarion Inn, a clean and comfortable hotel in East Windsor, CT near Bradley International Airport and so much more. Why not make us your first choice in the area? No matter whether it's business or pleasure, we're right where you want to be. Located off I-91, we're at the heart of the action. Only minutes from the airport, we provided Stay and Fly packages and free scheduled airport transportation to make catching your flight a breeze. But we're not just an airport hotel. We're located near Baran Institute of Technology, the University of Hartford, Springfield College and more. If it's recreation that brings you to our East Windsor, CT hotel, you'll find golf as well as biking and hiking opportunities nearby. Plus, all sorts of dining choices and many shopping opportunities are available to complete your trip. In fact, our on-site restaurant, Gibson's, is a great place to eat and unwind, no matter what you've been doing all day long. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Rodeway Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion East Windsor
- Best Western East Windsor
- East Windsor Best Western