“Price Right, Everything Else Not So Much”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in East Windsor
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Okay I understand the concept of "you get what you pay". But having go frequently travel for business, I have seen many upon many cheap motels and hotels. Most offer basic amenities and a clean room which is all I require.

This particular place.. just seedy from the moment you pull into it's grassy overgrown parking lot where people are wandering around smoking and drinking. Not sure how sober anyone wandering about was. I had to slam my breaks on in the parking lot for a woman who was pulling out of a spot taking a left hand turn into my front end. Turns out she was just parking.. crooked and half way out of her spot into the driving lane. She was heading for the bar.

Checking in was fine, the lobby is fairly nice leaving a glimmer of hope the room would be okay....staff is nice too which is great. Once I made my way upstairs, my hope disappeared. The smell of old food, marijuana, and cigarettes was pungent. Dog barking could be heard from inside the rooms. Taking a close look around, nearly everything was in disrepair. Even simple low cost repairs and cleaning seem to be overlooked-cracked busted door handles, dirty windows, broken plates on electrical switches and outlets

The room itself was outwardly fine at first. Upon closer inspection, there was very ill repaired water damage on the ceiling from above. It was black, looked almost moldy, and it sagged at certain parts. Walking through the door, there appeared be blood stains on the carpet. Two of the light switches in the room didn't work. I inspected the bed out of habit... glad I did. I found a couple of brown specks on the sheets that resembled mice or roach feces. I had a spare sheet in my car so I threw if down to sleep on. The blanket provided had cigarette burns all over it so I just slept blanketless. The mattress wasn't bad which was good!

The roach suspicion was confirmed in the middle of the night when I got up to use the bathroom. I saw two quarter sized roach/beetly looking bugs scurry across the floor. I didn't have my contacts in so I couldn't get a good look. Wish I had snapped a picture but I was panicked and half asleep. I leapt up, attempted to exit the bathroom, got locked in because the bathroom door is busted, but thankfully figured out how to get out. When I finally got out I ran back to bed as to not step on the floor. I ended up packing up and leaving soon after, glad my stay was over.

I read the reviews on this page and while many are good, many are on par with my experience. Management seems to be pretty responsive to these posts which is great but is anything actually truly being done to remedy these issues? The 3 star rating is a long shot. This is not on the same level as a Holiday Inn. Maybe the former Clarion would garner that many stars but this place falls short. This could be a wonderful little place to stay IF even some small amount of effort was made to give the grounds and rooms a little TLC- and not wide screen TVs, large cable package, and luxury product type of TLC.. I mean basic painting, cleaning, and making even the small repairs that could make this place decent. Simple stuff! It'll be worth the expense just in more positive reviews!

People paying your rates aren't expecting a Hilton but there is certainly an expectation of basic cleanliness and safety. Make the simple repairs and changes and you guys could be doing great!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 20 July 2017

Thank you for responding to the survey. I am sorry you found your stay less than pleasant, I have already addressed your issues and concerns and we are working hard to ensure each and every guest will be pleased with their stay. I hope you will give us the opportunity to afford you a more pleasant stay in the future.
Sudhir S

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

This is by far the worst hotel I have ever visited . Lobby and rooms reek of smoke. Cigarette burn holes in the bedding . Dingy and dirty floors and furniture . The onsite restaurant is a dive bar at best . Booked this as a Priceline express deal. Never never again. We didn't feel safe staying at this hotel.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank nigelboy2012
Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

How filthy and disgusting hotel. My bed had bugs and bite me. Microwave dirty full of leftovers. Smoking tobacco and marijuana 24/7 at halls. Broken doors unsafe. Employees worse Attitudes. One * star hotel. Priceline should be ashamed for booking this horrible place. Dirty walls, dirty carpets, people living out of their cars at unsafe parking lot waiting for the bar to open and use hotel's restrooms.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank DANIEL C
rodewayinnbradleyair, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review. I’m terribly sorry we failed to meet your expectations. We take pride in the cleanliness of our hotel and in the overall experience we provide to guests. I sincerely apologize that we let you down and assure you that action is already being taken to make things better for the future. Your experience is not an indication of how we normally do business, and we’ll work to provide a more consistent experience in the future.

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

This hotel should be removed from Priceline referral it dirty, dusty, mold, dirty linen, pillows was so dirty the front desk have to change them and change the room which was not much better.i would not recommend my enemies to this dump.This hotel is so bad and should be condemned.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Goldteng
rodewayinnbradleyair, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2017

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m terribly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations in some ways. We take real pride in this hotel and believe that pride shows in everything we do. I’m disappointed that we could not satisfy you, and I hope you will try us again in the future. We’re always working to make the guest experience better than ever before.

Reviewed 3 June 2017

OMG, what a hole! I've been to many hotels/motels and not picky, but this place really sucks. I saw two rooms (because the first room offered had strong smell of tobacco in it) and both have not seen cleaning service probably for weeks - there was dust everywhere; in one bathroom there were dark stains caused by humidity (and lack of cleaning). The carpets were probably placed in Nixon times. Overall there was a feeling of a correctional facility, not a motel.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m very sorry that you were not completed satisfied with your stay here. We take real pride in offering great service and amenities that compensate for any other concerns. I apologize that there was issue in 2 rooms assign to you and maintenance staff was informed about the issue. I hope you will focus on the many good thing about our hotel and choose to stay with us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Windsor
5.3 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hartford - Bradley Airport
4.9 km away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!