This review is repeating what others have said, but this hotel is deplorable. I also booked a Priceline Express Deal and figured a 2.5 star hotel (similar to Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express) would be sufficient for a night's sleep and morning shower before continuing my journey. What I got was NOTHING like what I expected and I regret not just sleeping in my car at the airport parking lot.
Here are a few of the reasons why YOU MUST AVOID THIS HOTEL:
1. Hallways reek of cigarette and marijuana smoke.
2. Hallway carpets suggest a recent history that involves substantial bodily fluids being spilled - urine, vomit, etc. Large bleach stains made me think the hallways could be recent crime scenes.
3. The rooms have not seen a thorough cleaning in an arrestingly long time. The corners of my room had dust so thick you could lose small objects in it.
4. Mold in the bathroom had engulfed the shower pan and had established a robust colony on the walls, creating black splotches that made me fearful to go near.
5. The bar on the main floor is not quiet. I can live with that, but the rooms on the first floor are not in any way secured from the bar creating security and privacy concerns.
6. Furnishings and fixtures in the room are worn, damaged, and in some cases literally falling off the wall. If I took a towel off the rack the whole thing fell onto the floor. Every time.
7. The room had a musty, moldy smell.
8. The door room was not plumb. This allowed hallway noises/light/smells to enter the room and gave me concerns for our safety should somebody decide to try to enter the room.
I recognize that I don't like to spend a lot on hotel rooms and so I've stayed in some sub-optimal places before, but this place is truthfully the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. TripAdvisor includes numerous bad reviews, and the "hotel manger" responds to many with promises to make things better, but clearly improvements are not forthcoming and the hotel continues to sell these abysmal rooms shamelessly. Priceline's Express Deals makes it impossible to know if this hotel is the one you'll get until it is too late, so I can truthfully say I will never use that service again after this experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the East Windsor Clarion Inn, a clean and comfortable hotel in East Windsor, CT near Bradley International Airport and so much more. Why not make us your first choice in the area? No matter whether it's business or pleasure, we're right where you want to be. Located off I-91, we're at the heart of the action. Only minutes from the airport, we provided Stay and Fly packages and free scheduled airport transportation to make catching your flight a breeze. But we're not just an airport hotel. We're located near Baran Institute of Technology, the University of Hartford, Springfield College and more. If it's recreation that brings you to our East Windsor, CT hotel, you'll find golf as well as biking and hiking opportunities nearby. Plus, all sorts of dining choices and many shopping opportunities are available to complete your trip. In fact, our on-site restaurant, Gibson's, is a great place to eat and unwind, no matter what you've been doing all day long. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Rodeway Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion East Windsor
- Best Western East Windsor
- East Windsor Best Western