“Great pizza and food”

Pizza Mediterranean
Ranked #50 of 244 Restaurants in Fairfield
Reviewed 18 September 2015

I saw a group of college kids eating slices of pizza on the benches outside of Sunny Daes ice cream shop in Fairfield, Ct. They seemed to be really enjoying it so I asked where they got it. Their answer was Pizza Mediterranean. Several weeks later I took my wife and kids to the pizza shop for a quick bite to eat. It is really a take out kind of place but there are only several small tables available for dine in. We sat down and ordered a cheese pizza, a magerita pie, Sicilian eggplant manicotti and chicken Marsala. Two delicious salads soon arrived at the table and the food was brought in a timely manner. The pizza was simply amazing, I mean we all know pizza served as it comes out the oven is generally the best time to eat it. But this was something special, a thin cracker like crust was unlike anything i had even encountered in my 45 years of pizza eating. The taste was intoxicating and even though the pizza was really for the kids, my wife and I had not could resist having several pieces each.
The dinners came and the portions were enormous, each dish easily enough for 2. The chicken Marsala was so flavorful with beautiful mushrooms and plentiful marsala sauce. The manicotti dish was a very good dish as well.
We took home 3 pieces of dessert from their selection: ricotta cake, red velvet and carrot cake. We split the desserts over the next 3 nights. If you can believe it the desserts were as good if not better than the fabulous food. We can't wait to go back. It is a good thing live 3 towns away....

Reviewed 1 September 2015

Great pizza , speedy delivery , nice people. Elm City pie is my favorite and if you are a bean fan , the bean salad is fantastic.

Reviewed 18 June 2015

Great variety of pizza options to choose from along with the traditional. Reasonable prices and great sauce

Reviewed 20 December 2014

My wife and I prefer this pizza to most in the area. The toppings are always fresh. The pizza are more gourmet in style which such pies at the De La Casa with awesome roasted garlic, fresh mozz and caramelized onions. My wife and I tried the Chicken Cordon Bleu Pizza tonight. WE LOVED IT. Oh and you MUST try there very of Foccacia.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Excellent Pizza and pretty good sandwiches. Try the Sicilian! Fast service and pizza comes hot so what else do you want? Acceptable salads as well.