“Excellent Mexican food ”

Emely's Pizza Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Franklin
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 18 October 2015 via mobile

This was our second visit because we were surprised at how good the food was for our first visit. We had been passing Emilie's for years. We wanted to see if it was for real or an aberration. It was for real. The Mexican food is delicious and I had the Cheese Steak grinder that I have had since living in the Philly area. It is really inexpensive and friendly. We only live up the road in Windham so Emilie's is now on our frequent dinner out restaurants!

Reviewed 27 May 2015 via mobile

If you like Mexican there is a jewel in Franklin CT called Emely's. The restaurant is small but quaint. Very clean and the staff attentive and helpful. We've eaten breakfast here several times and always found it excellent but this was a first time we had a chance to try the Mexican food. I had a burrito. It was lightly toasted on the outside and had the most exquisite tasting black beans I've ever had in my life. The chicken was tender and tasty and it was a wonderful surprise. They also served salsa and chips the chips were the best I've ever had a very different type. And the salsa was not runny but instead stayed on the chips and delighted the tongue. Not too hot but my sinuses were clear by the end of the meal. My partner ordered a Grindr the salami was excellent and it was beautifully made with fresh lettuce and lots of meat. This place will not disappoint you no matter what time you go to eat there. the bill was under $20 and we were certainly full and I still had some food to take home.

Reviewed 22 April 2015

We stopped in for breakfast for hubby, and I had the sopes. Hand-made, fresh, corn tortillas filled with chicken, my choice, lettuce, cheese, crema. OMG, so delicious. I agree with the previous reviewer. Authentic Mexican. Leticia, the server with her husband, the chef, from Puebla, Mexico. Oh my, so delicious. An opportunity to speak Spanish, a hearty welcome from the staff. And breakfast: the classic 2 eggs over easy, home fries, sausage and toast.

1  Thank PeApkG
Reviewed 17 February 2015

Halfway between Norwich and Willimantic, this family-owned restaurant offers a full menu, daily hours, and terrific food. For this, my first visit, I chose sopes with chicken, and was thrilled with the result. The sopes were authentically Mexican, the ingredients were very fresh, and the quantity was satisfying. We ordered guacamole & chips as an appetizer--again delightfully fresh and tasty.
Emely's has an extensive menu serving burgers, grinders, sandwiches, seafood in addition to Mexican food. Open 7 days a week, from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., with delivery available, you'll find them open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Stop by soon and do your own taste test!