“Good coffee”

Add it.
Legal Grounds
Ranked #61 of 172 Restaurants in Hamden
Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

Just got a dirty chai to help with studying. Really tasty. Friend got large iced coffee. We're both picky about our caffeine and we're happy with the product. I wish the atmosphere of the store the cafe is located in was a bit warmer in ambience. Maybe softer lighting. Barista was friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 11 July 2015 via mobile

Coffee shops like this are too far too few. Little shops like this keep my faith in small business. Especially since their iced coffee is out of this world! Also helps that they are located inside of an independently owned used & new bookstore which is also fantastic.

Reviewed 15 June 2015

On my way home from the new Haven Unitarian meetinghouse, I stumbled upon this sweet little gem of a coffee shop tucked away in the back of a bookstore. Very relaxed, casual atmosphere, as my barista doodled on his ipad and then took my order. Nothing fancy, but very comfortable. I ordered an iced latte and the shots were pulled with perfection and then he did something I really appreciated...he use very little ice. I almost asked for more, since it was a steamy hot day outside, but decided to trust his move. Delicious! I really think the lack of ice kept the creamy coolness of the milk and espresso well balanced. Next time I'll carve out a bigger slice of time and enjoy the bookstore and a coffee...it looked like a great book shop!