“Delicious Adventure”

Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Ripley
Price range: US$59 - US$72
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We were formerly known as Drake's, but our name changed in January 2017. Everything else remains the same. Our food is flavour focused, with an emphasis on clarity and simplicity, using produce that is both local and regional. Quality of ingredients and their provenance is paramount to our head chef Fred Clapperton and we seek the best we can from within the UK. Awarded a Michelin star in the 2018 guide and 3AA Rosettes.
Reviewed 4 March 2018

Atmosphere is very quiet and intimate. Each table spaced so one feels private.
Service was impeccable and the food is fabulous. Taster menu of 9 courses (each one small so you can taste everything). Interesting combinations of flavours and all delicious.

Highly recommend it.

1  Thank Surrey1211

Reviewed 27 February 2018

We had the lunchtime tasting menu and the wine flight to celebrate a very significant birthday at The Clock House, and it was absolutely one of the best ‘foodie’ experiences that I’ve ever had. The whole ambience of the place is sublime, effortlessly classy without ever being dull or stuffy. Delicious cocktails to start; a menu of delicious food that managed to both surprise and delight; and fascinating wines from literally all parts of the world. What an experience! And a great way to spend a full afternoon of pleasure. There’s even a small and appealing walled garden for a breath of fresh air if the weather allows … A truly memorable ‘destination restaurant’, ideal for any special occasion.

1  Thank Rickanstis
Reviewed 22 February 2018

This was my second visit to the Clock House (it was Drake's when I visited in 2016) and it provided another fantastic meal for another special occasion. My husband and I had a 7 course Tasting Menu and I also enjoyed the wine flight that was beautifully explained by the sommelier. The 5 wines I had were small enough that I could keep up with the food and not feel totally plastered by the end of the meal!

The food itself was also delicious - not too big but packed with flavour and all very complimentary of each other. At the end of the meal we were both full without feeling stuffed. The pace of each course was also spot on.

The Clock House is great for a special occasion - Ripley is very lucky to have so many high quality restaurants!

2  Thank DaniH0103
Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

I took my wife and a group of friends for dinner to celebrate my wife’s birthday, and everyone of us left saying it was one of the best meals we’ve ever had. As well as the food being so great, the staff were attentive, knowledgeable and good fun.

Being a large group we all had the tasting menu. What always amazes me about a tasting menu is how the chef can take ingredients that I would normally not order, and turn it in to one of the nicest tasting meals I have experienced. Reading the menu beforehand, I would estimate that 60% of what was on offer would be something that I would say I didn’t like. Having eaten the entire menu, I can now say that there was only one element of one dish that I wasn’t keen on. Everything else that I was served was absolutely stunning. Every dish was an explosion of flavour that had the whole table only capable of saying the word “wow”.

Sadly I’m not in a position to eat at an establishment such as this every night, but if I was I would certainly be a regular here. I couldn’t recommend The Clock House highly enough, I will definitely be returning, and I may not wait for a special occasion next time.

1  Thank simonleve
Reviewed 13 February 2018

Very good the appetiser and the turbo. Less interesting the porc, especially the acid / sweet sauce not well paired, also too many different flavours in that dish.
Interesting and good also the dessert, in particular the goat milk ice cream.
Overall I would recommend it, the service was also nice and the spaces are big.
It is a good 1 star michelin, not outstanding but up to the standard.
The price is a bit high, but probably ok to the (expensive quality/price) British food standard.

1  Thank tuleggi