“Great food and ambiance”
Review of Salute

Salute
Ranked #1 of 482 Restaurants in Hartford
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

I have visited this restaurant each time I travel to Hartford for business. I have never been disappointed! They always have vegetarian options that are tasty! The portions are more than what I can consume so I always have it boxed for the next day’s lunch. Some of my favorites are the ravioli squash, desserts which are the chocolate cake or tiramisu or my favorite is the graham cracker gelato. The seafood pasta are also very good. Customer service is superb.

Reviewed 19 July 2018

This restaurant, while a bit loud, was very delightful. We had a large party as well and they handled it like a charm. This place is very classy and professional, while being relaxed and comfortable. The food was phenomenal as well! Definitely would like to come back next time I am in Hartford.

Reviewed 14 July 2018

We were driving home from our vacation in NH, and we thought we would stop in Hartford (about half way) for a late lunch. We got to the restaurant around 1:30, and we were seated right away. Our waitress, Rachel, was very friendly and made us feel special. Our food came out pretty quickly, and it was REALLY great! My son had a burger, my daughter and I had the pasta pomodoro, and my husband had the gnocchi. All of them were hot, fresh, and super flavorful. The restaurant was clean (as were the bathrooms), and the decor was modern, yet cozy. At the end of our meal, we told Rachel that we were too full for dessert, and that we were ready for the check. Well, when she brought the check, she also brought 8 walnut biscotti for us to have on our way home (no charge obviously). She said four were for the car ride, and 4 were for when we got back to Philly. My kids were over the moon, and the biscotti was fabulous! It was just such a kind gesture on her part, and it really made our trip home more memorable. We had a great experience at Salute for sure!

1  Thank KYS96
Reviewed 9 July 2018

We came up from NJ to take our daughter (currently working a summer job at her Hartford-area college) out for dinner at Salute for her birthday. First-time patrons--made the choice after looking at reviews. What a fantastic place! All of the dishes we ordered, two pastas, scallops, a flatbread, the broccoli with pancetta side order, and some desserts--were wonderful. And the proprietors could not have been more warm and welcoming, coming over to chat with our daughter and wish her well on her birthday, bringing out a complimentary dessert (with lit candle) to help us with our celebration, and sending my wife and I back to NJ--and our daughter back to her school--with goodie bags of biscotti and a garlic breads ready to be oven-baked. Waiter was also unusually personable and helpful. A top-notch restaurant obviously needs to serve great food. This establishment goes one big step further in the warmth of their hospitality and the genuine interest they appear to take in their patrons. Overall, a lovely outing.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

I can't find one thing I didn't like about this restaurant. We were warmly greeted by the owners and promptly seated. My lemon drop martini was delicious and my husband's red wine selection was also tasty. I had the Ragu Bolognese, which was a large portion, with a touch of creaminess and it was delicious. My husband had the Giobatto, and was asked if he liked spicy, and when he said "not too spicy", they toned it down to better suiit his taste. Service was impeccable, and at the end of the meal, our leftovers were boxed up for us and they put a loaf of garlic bread in the bag for us to enjoy tomorrow. They als brought a small bag with some biscotti for us to take come. As if this wasn't enough, they brought my husband a scoop of gelato to enjoy while I finished my martini. We're really glad we tried Salute, and we'll definitely return. You should try it too! I don't think you'll be disappointed!

Date of visit: July 2018

Been to Salute? Share your experiences!