“Miranda Girls”
Review of Salute

Salute
Ranked #1 of 451 Restaurants in Hartford
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This place is nothing short of AMAZING. All of the dishes we ordered we wanted more of. We had the sweet potato ravioli, chicken gnocchi, kale salad and the vegetable spring rolls. The food would easily rival the finest restaurants out there and the atmosphere is perfect! It’s modern, but not trendy and pretentious. We sat outside and got excellent service; we weren’t forgotten about like in most places. Every request we made was accommodated with a smile. The owner made us feel like we were truly special and appreciated. We don’t even live in the state, but are already planning a trip back with this restaurant as the main objective.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have visited this restaurant each time I travel to Hartford for business. I have never been disappointed! They always have vegetarian options that are tasty! The portions are more than what I can consume so I always have it boxed for the next day’s lunch. Some of my favorites are the ravioli squash, desserts which are the chocolate cake or tiramisu or my favorite is the graham cracker gelato. The seafood pasta are also very good. Customer service is superb.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This restaurant, while a bit loud, was very delightful. We had a large party as well and they handled it like a charm. This place is very classy and professional, while being relaxed and comfortable. The food was phenomenal as well! Definitely would like to come back next time I am in Hartford.

Reviewed 14 July 2018

We were driving home from our vacation in NH, and we thought we would stop in Hartford (about half way) for a late lunch. We got to the restaurant around 1:30, and we were seated right away. Our waitress, Rachel, was very friendly and made us feel special. Our food came out pretty quickly, and it was REALLY great! My son had a burger, my daughter and I had the pasta pomodoro, and my husband had the gnocchi. All of them were hot, fresh, and super flavorful. The restaurant was clean (as were the bathrooms), and the decor was modern, yet cozy. At the end of our meal, we told Rachel that we were too full for dessert, and that we were ready for the check. Well, when she brought the check, she also brought 8 walnut biscotti for us to have on our way home (no charge obviously). She said four were for the car ride, and 4 were for when we got back to Philly. My kids were over the moon, and the biscotti was fabulous! It was just such a kind gesture on her part, and it really made our trip home more memorable. We had a great experience at Salute for sure!

1  Thank KYS96
Reviewed 9 July 2018

We came up from NJ to take our daughter (currently working a summer job at her Hartford-area college) out for dinner at Salute for her birthday. First-time patrons--made the choice after looking at reviews. What a fantastic place! All of the dishes we ordered, two pastas, scallops, a flatbread, the broccoli with pancetta side order, and some desserts--were wonderful. And the proprietors could not have been more warm and welcoming, coming over to chat with our daughter and wish her well on her birthday, bringing out a complimentary dessert (with lit candle) to help us with our celebration, and sending my wife and I back to NJ--and our daughter back to her school--with goodie bags of biscotti and a garlic breads ready to be oven-baked. Waiter was also unusually personable and helpful. A top-notch restaurant obviously needs to serve great food. This establishment goes one big step further in the warmth of their hospitality and the genuine interest they appear to take in their patrons. Overall, a lovely outing.

Been to Salute? Share your experiences!