“Holy Bowl of Spaghetti ”

First & Last Tavern
Ranked #23 of 453 Restaurants in Hartford
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

Very good Italian food. The portions are huge, you will get full! I had the Turkey BLT panini and it was very tasty. Other in my group had spaghetti and like I said it was a huge bowl. I recommend this for a quiet place to dine.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

Traditional Italian served at the First and Last since 1936, and they have it right! Quality food, modest prices, and excellent service in a family friendly environment. Personally, I am a sucker for the Stuffed Artichoke and Carbonara!

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Very large menu; easy to find something that works for everybody. Did not have the pizza but the ones I saw looked great. Our party all had pasta dishes that were wonderful. Nice area for outside dining. Service was top notch. Reasonably priced.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

We have been to First & Last many times in the past and always enjoy ourselves. We went last Saturday evening for an early Mother's Day dinner. There were six of us and we were all most pleased with our experience. Angel D. was our waitress and she was excellent. We had three different pizzas, a steak salad and the standard spaghetti and meatball with salad plate. We also tried their raw bar sampler. We loved it all.
The pizza is always excellent. They have the deepest coal fired oven I have ever seen and the crust is just the right texture. Their breads are equally terrific. My only complaint was that the oysters were a little too large for my grandson to handle--quite a complaint!

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Back in Connecticut for a visit and I absolutely had to eat at Fist and Last! I went by myself for lunch and had panne cotta...it was wonderful...and the bread, oh lord I could make a meal out of the bread.
My waitress was wonderful, my meal outstanding and I forgot about the mini biscotti you get for desert...heaven.

That weekend I ate there with family ( 8 of us) and it was just a terrific. This is a restaurant of my youth that remains as wonderful now as it was back then! We all had a variety of dishes and everyone enjoyed every bite of their meals. We had pizza, arancini, shrimp scampi, pasta primavera special.....another great meal.