“Innovate food choices and always worth it”
Review of Firebox Restaurant

Firebox Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Firebox Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 482 Restaurants in Hartford
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Capitol Avenue
Transit: Adjacent to city transportation routes, and within blocks of the train station.
Reviewed 27 August 2018

I have had the pleasure of going to Firebox a few times for different occasions and it does not disappoint. The food is always different and fun. I am surprised at how good things I would never have put together taste when they prepare them. It's worth your time.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 10 August 2018

I and my family took a friend to Firebox for dinner on a recent Sunday night. It was our first visit to this unique restaurant, but we picked it because of its commitment to serving locally-sourced foods.

We ordered a bottle of wine off the "last call" menu, which features bottles at half price due to their being phased out. This was a welcome way to share a bottle around the table; we ordered something at random, not knowing all that much about the individual options, and were very pleased with the result.

We decided to share our plates, so we ordered two appetizers and two entrees: brussel sprouts, kale Caesar salad, pan seared sea scallops, and potato crusted cod. We each had a little bit of everything, and all of us drew the same conclusion: We had rarely had better food anywhere. Everything was simply incredible.

Only a couple of us had room for dessert, which turned out to be chocolate Guinness cake. Amazing!

As for the service, I can't say enough. They took great care of us, and there were no hassles about anything. In fact, when we first sat down, our server noticed a slight wobble in the table and took initiative to fix it right away (and with some proper shims, not a folded-up menu fragment). Everything was timely, and we never had to ask for anything.

We sat outside. The tables there had good spacing, and it was easy to have a conversation among the four of us without noise or privacy issues.

For me, the icing on the cake was the overhead music. Their set list included ELO's Mr. Blue Sky, Elton John's Benny and the Jets, Strawberry Letter 22, a few Beatles tunes, and Eric Clapton's Leila, among many others on the soundtrack of my life. I couldn't believe it, and I complimented them on it. (Very subjective, I know, but there it is.)

From food to drink to comfort to service, Firebox has it all figured out. It's not the cheapest game in town, but you do get your money's worth. Excellent, excellent restaurant.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 9 August 2018

Firebox is a fantastic restaurant. The atmosphere is fantastic. And every dish we've ever gotten there has been delicious and amazing. It's a bit on the higher-end price-wise, but the food is worth it. We go for special celebrations. I highly doubt you'll be disappointed.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

From the service to the food. Anytime we can go to a restaurant that is fresh from the farm to the table we definitely want to try. Our waitress Kris was exceptional as was the supporting staff. We started off with bone marrow which is hard to find at most restaurants and I really like. The presentation was excellent. And the taste was out of this world. My fiance had crusted Cod, which she said was perfectly done. I had to duck, which was excellent. It was crisp on the outside and tender on the inside done perfectly at medium rare. The coffee was locally roasted, and was an excellent compliments to the meal. The manager Jennifer spoke with us for about 15 minutes, and she was delightful. The ambience is upscale and done quite well. It's a large restaurant with a very very nice bar. This is a restaurant, that you really need to try, and their menu is varied. It was hard to choose between the lamb shank and the duck so that means we will have to come back. The prices were reasonable for the quality and service of food.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Great bar and better food. The chef makes even chicken taste wonderfully different and inspired. The Brussels sprouts are delicious.

Date of visit: May 2018