“Middle Eastern and Pizza...”
Review of Aladdin

Aladdin
Ranked #81 of 472 Restaurants in Hartford
Reviewed 29 March 2017

Good for light fare. A rare place that is open well past midnight. We tried some othe middle eastern fare which was acceptable, not the best I've had, and certainly not the worst. The pizza was decent and did not have skimpy amounts of toppings.

Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

Oh my...the food was amazing!! I have been searching for food Lebanese food for a while now. The portions were large, it the food was so good it was hard to push away from it! I have the mixed grill which came with bread, chicken, lamb, koufta, tzatziki, moujadarah, and baba ganoush. I asked for some toum on the side and they were more than happy to give me some. I ordered a pice each of baklava and herissa to go. I ate my leftover dinner and the desserts for lunch today. Again it was still amazing. I will definitely be a repeat customer when I go to Hartford. This is a MUST try place.

Reviewed 8 January 2017

It was greasy and disgusting and I cannot imagine eating the food here unless you were completely wasted.

Reviewed 21 December 2016

Ordered dolma and kebeh ... both were so-so, not particularly fresh, the kebeh's crust a chewy (they must have microwaved it).

The baklava was excellent, however. I'd go back just for that.

Maybe it's worth it for the pizza ... I dunno.

Reviewed 17 July 2016

I've been to this place several times in the past and always enjoyed the food--nothing terrible on the menu. As its one of the only "Arabic/Mediterranean/Halal" places around, I think those who haven't traveled the world to areas where this food is prevalent think its "divine". Well, it is average. There a few dishes that stand out (baklava for one) and the pizzas are pretty good. However, most of the others (and I've tried many) tend to be a bit bland or lacking "spirit". Its like the cooks have done this same menu so much that they just kinda go through the motions. Not sure if its always the same staff, but I've felt unwelcome on several occasions, glared at and otherwise bad attitudes---I've even witnesses the staff arguing and yelling at each other--awkward!!! Then I've also had great service and big smiles. Either way, if you travel and experience this food away from Hartford, I suspect you too will see that the service and food at this place, overall, is average.
Oh, 1 caveat; the food here tastes alot better at around 1-2 am after several drinks, when the bars close. (Might be the live entertainment too.....Just watch for the bumbling drunks and college kids who cant control themselves and stumble and fight. Makes for a great late night show. Maybe thats why the workers here get bad attitudes at times.)