“Lousy Representation of Mexican Food at Fine Dining Costs”
Review of Taco Pacifico

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Taco Pacifico
Ranked #37 of 51 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 7 October 2017

Mexican food is one of my favourite options to look for since I am vegan. As I went to purchase a few things at the Outlet since we had to evacuate Puerto Rico 12 days after Hurricane Maria.

I approached the Pacifico Food Truck. The person at the cash register and inside the truck was not too welcoming at all. When I asked for the vegan option, she had a puzzled look. The person that seems to be cooking mentioned he could do a Veggie Burrito. I said ok.

I proceeded to Order for three people and was surprised at the cost of the meal, but I am willing to pay a bit more as long as they have an ok option.

We took our order to go and went to eat at the car. When we realized the food was dry and bland. So we went back to get Salsa.

My partner approached the food truck and asked for Salsa. They notified us that they did not have any salsa other than Pico de Gallo which would cost us $2.25 for about 3 oz container of Pico de Gallo.

So at this point, I paid $50+ (not counting the tip) for bland food, and now I have to pay for Pico de Gallo. What does Mexican Food Venue not have salsa or any sauce?

Well, this is an excellent example of Cultural appropriation gone wrong, with bad customer service, and greedy food truck owners with a pricey menu.

My Veggie Burrito was filled with Rice and barely any veggies. I won’t be returning.

Reviewed 3 November 2016

Enjoyed a cheese quesadilla from their truck yesterday while they were parked outside my office building in New Haven. Service was quick and easy and there was maybe 5 people in front of me. Would go back again.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

This food truck is very good and tasty, They have a black bean burrito that is outstanding/. It iw well located on the post Road nae the green

Reviewed 22 April 2015

The tacos served by Taco Pacifico are excellent. I first had food from this "moveable feast" about four or five years ago when they were new in town and parked in a car wash lot. Word spread quickly and the lines started. The service is quick, the prices fair and the food is as good as you'll find this side of the Rio Grande.

Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

Well cooked food with excellent fresh tastes. Follow them on Facebook to find out if they will be in town. We had the pork which was very tender and juicy. Would highly recommend.