“Terrific dinner special”

Tavern at the Armory
Ranked #21 of 159 Restaurants in Middletown
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

Chef James Mandeville offered a wonderful dinner special on the evening I had dined with my family. The prosciutto wrapped chicken was cooked perfectly and the pan jus was full of great flavors.. polenta was nice and creamy and added a nice touch . Can't wait to dine in again when in the area we will definitely be back

Gary N, General Manager at Tavern at the Armory, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

I will thank James for his creativity and his passion for great food. Thank you for commenting on him . He is a great addition to our team.

Reviewed 16 February 2017

My wife and I enjoyed a quite and romantic diner at the Tavern at the Armory on a Monday night. We had a table by the fireplace and our server Kim was great.The menu is higher than most but the quality and taste are worth it. We plan to return next time we want a romantic night out.

InnatMiddletown, Gary Nagler: General Manager at Tavern at the Armory, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2017

The Tavern is a perfect location for a romantic dinner so I am so pleased you found your new little great away. The fireplaces throughout the restaurant lends to a relaxed and carefree night out.

Thanks!!!

Reviewed 13 February 2017

The breakfast here is very good. They use quality ingredients and offer a nice selection of choices. Highly recommend.

1  Thank jennifer g
InnatMiddletown, Gary Nagler :General Manager at Tavern at the Armory, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2017

Thank you for sharing your breakfast experience with us. We feel we have the best breakfast on Main Street with all of the variety we have. Plus the food tasted GREAT!!!!!

Reviewed 1 February 2017

The place is really nice and staff are always so nice. The food is so good. I love the lamb meals that they prepare. We have also stayed there with a nice room overlooking the Connecticut river

1  Thank mascaro_peter
InnatMiddletown, Gary Nagler: General Manager at Tavern at the Armory, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2017

Thank you for your review of the Tavern. I am so happy that the staff did what they do best and that is give great service. Please come back soon as we are also renovating all of our guestrooms and will be completed in early spring.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 December 2016 via mobile

We've been coming here for at least 8 years and have often stayed at the Inn. We've always enjoyed the food and ambiance. This year it was terrible. The chowder was yellow thick and favorless goop with no clams at all. Not etible! We were so disapponted. The sliders were terrible as well. The bun fell apart because it was frozen and tasteless and the Angus beef was laughable. No flavor. Not dry. But just nothing. Whatever has happened to change the quality of the food needs to be resolved. The menu is exactly the same but the quality of the food really sucks. Please fix it we want to come back!

InnatMiddletown, Gary Nagler:General Manager at Tavern at the Armory, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2017

Thank you for sharing this with me as I am so sorry and disappointed that a long time customer had to experience what you did during your recent visit to the Tavern. We have made some changes however it should not affect food quality at all. I will be addressing these concerns with my team and you can be sure we will rectify it.