“Very tasty tapas”

El Pulpo Restaurant and Tapas Bar
Ranked #10 of 159 Restaurants in Middletown
Reviewed 19 June 2017

El Pulpo serves very tasty tapas and delicious main courses as well. The service is professional, drinks are good, and the wine list has some great choices. The tapas are probably bigger than you might expect. There is also a nice outside terrace at the rear of the restaurant.

Reviewed 10 June 2017

We returned to El Pulpo for a celebration with a group of 8 - with a few vegetarians in the group. We greatly enjoyed the goat cheese, sauteed artichokes and squash salad tapas. The grilled squid, fried calamari, chorizo in port reduction, empanadas and paellas did not disappoint.

The service was good. There is a wonderful selection of wines by the glass or bottle at reasonable prices.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

I have been to El Pulpo three or four times. It is consistently good. I like to sit at the spacious bar located in the back of the restaurant. The menu is diverse with plenty of options, whether you want an entree or tapas. The ingredients seem to be very fresh. If you like truffle oil, you must get the shredded Brussel sprouts. Amazing. They have a paella night, which is a good bargain. The paella is good - not outstanding. Cocktails are really good and the wine list is solid. This is a great spot to meet friends for a nice dinner.

2  Thank CTHeather
Reviewed 3 June 2017

It took a little time before they noticed us, maybe because we were the only ones who chose to sit outside but after they did, the service was good.

We started with a carafe of white sangria & a jalapeno mojito, both were delicious. I chose this restaurant because I love octopus and was a little surprised by the couple of dishes with octopus. However, I was not disappointed by my choice of grilled scallops and lobster over a fontina cheese risotto in a champagne sauce and they adjusted it so that it was gluten free for me. Yummm!

My party had 1 vegetarian, 1 pescatarian, 1 gluten-free/celiac and one omnivore. The vegetarian had a salad and the baked goat cheese & basil bread and both the pescatarian & omnivore had the pappardelle with seafood. We were all very pleased with our meals.

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Don't waste your precious time and hard earned money. Rude, nasty staff and discriminatory. The food at best is mediocre at best. There are far superior options in the same location. Beware. You'll be sorry you went.