“Great service, delicious food!!!”
Review of Ayash-Man - CLOSED

Ayash-Man
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Ayash man is a hidden gem in Naugatuck. The staff is extremely friendly and the service is really great too!!! The food is always hot and is very good quality...

9  Thank Npiccirillo_87

WOW, thank you much

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Made our first trip to Ayash-man last night. Seemed to have steady traffic. I think word's getting around that this is a good local place for a step up from "fast food".

Family run business, very clean restaurant, good location but not good curb appeal.

I ordered the fried seafood combo (shrimp, calamari, clam strips). Came with fries and coleslaw and half a cucumber, sliced lengthwise. Calamari is one of my favorite things but this was a little "off". Looked more like fried zucchini rings, with a green tint almost. Calamari rings were all different sizes which makes impossible to cook so that it all comes out the same. It was overcooked, kind of rubbery. The clam strips were too heavily breaded but the fried shrimp were tender and very good. Fries were good, coleslaw appears to be home-made and is tasty.

Husband got steak and bacon and red onion grinder with cheese. He absolutely loved it. I've seen previous reviews that their sandwiches and grinders get consistently high marks. I think he should remove the seafood and focus on those items. Their onion rings were good, cut thick, but for me, again, a little heavily battered.

I can't say enough good things about the customer service. Mr. Ayash and his family take great care to be sure you have what you need. They bring the items to your table and he comes around to make sure everything is alright. They get a solid 5 stars for customer service. I gave them 3 stars for my seafood dinner. Husband gave them 5 stars for his grinder. If I had also gotten some kind of sandwich, I think it would've been a solid 5 star review. Give them a try, but steer clear of the seafood items. ;)

5  Thank Lynda B
Jimmy A, Owner at Ayash-Man, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Drive through service was slow - food was not impressive. I usually choose not to write negative reviews, but I could not let this place stay at number one on the tripadvisor list and let people passing through town think this is the best restaurant in town. Definitely better places to go in Naugy, would rather give my money to a chain like Duchess or McDonalds than to return and that's not saying much....

Jimmy A, Owner at Ayash-Man, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2013

Sorry about your story, but we have a hard time taking the review seriously, since the Restuarant was closed at the time you claim you came in August. Naugy knows we closed in July and most of August for renovation and reopened Aug. 28 way after you say you can thru the drive thru. We are far from perfect but rating us terrible for everyone to see without even saying what you bought or ate or how we took care of the issue or anything. We always try hard for our customers to improve the food and service and will continue till we decide to go into another field. thank you.

Reviewed 31 May 2013

I was apprehensive at first to try this place as I wasn't sure by the name what type of food they offered. My daughter and her boyfriend actually were the first to go there and told me I had to try it. So I gave it a try and I was very surprised. Everything we have ordered so far has been very good. The owner is very nice and personable. They go out of the way to make sure you have a good experience.

6  Thank R L C

Thank you very much.

Reviewed 17 March 2013

Great good and great service. These words sum it up. The service is some of the best I have ever experienced. The owner takes the time to make sure he meets everyone who walks through the door. Everything is made fresh to order, can take a little bit of time to cook that way but the taste if more than worth it! I have eaten many different dishes here on different occasions and enjoyed each one. On one occasion, he made a mistake making a wrap for me and was prompt to make me a new one. The prices may seem a little high but when you get the portions, you realize they are low for the amount of food you get!

Inside you will find a very interesting atmosphere, wood carvings cover the place. Most are for sale at reasonable prices and make for the perfect atmosphere for this particular restaurant. This is a must for a passer through or even someone looking for a good, quick lunch.

7  Thank Jeremy B