“Clean, Nice Staff, but Average Food”
Review of Ayash-Man - CLOSED

Ayash-Man
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 20 March 2014

My wife and I recently stopped by Ayash-Man, the staff was very friendly and the place was clean, but the food was only average. The layout of Ayash-Man resembled a standard fast food place, order at the counter and they call your order. The furniture and tables were nicer then what you would see at a McDonaldss, but nothing extraordinary, the outdoor seating was cool. The staff were kind and friendly. Menu is mostly burgers and sandwiches, made fresh to order, which is nice. I ordered the Steak & Cheese and she ordered the Pastrami & Swiss, and we shared an order of sweet potato fries, all for about $20. Everything came in nice size portions, but the food was just ok, a bit too salty, and fries lacking crispiness (sweet potato fries are usually softer anyway and tough to get crispy). I hate to give lower reviews, but in my opinion it's important to set the appropriate expectation, and if someone walked in thinking this was the best restaurant in Naugutuck (which according to TA it currently is) they would be disappointed and would be liable to over react. Ayash-Man is a notch up from fast food, but they're also about twice as expensive, and beginning to compete price wise with a deli. While Ayash is a solid average, it fills a niche that I can't quite wrap my head around and I walked away unsure of the value for food/experience I was getting. So all in all, better than McDonalds, not quite deli standards, and about $10 for a meal, could be worth it on a sunny day if you can sit out back.

Jimmy A, Owner at Ayash-Man, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you being clean and respectful is very important to me and my family

Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

The owners Maddie and Jim are so nice. I use to go there all the time when they were open. They always made the food fresh and the food would be great.

Jimmy A, Owner at Ayash-Man, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Reviewed 11 September 2013

They have the best chef salad I have ever had and everything is great! Always fresh food and friendly people! ;)

6  Thank smariemar
Jimmy A, Owner at Ayash-Man, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Thank you for a wonderful review.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

First time going was last friday. Huge sandwiches and massive wraps. Chicken was moist and their ranch dressing was amazing. Reuben was tasty and filling. Went back today for more! Spicy ranch club is outta this world. No complaints here! Cant wait to go back and try something else!

6  Thank smfeero
Jimmy A, Owner at Ayash-Man, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Thank you, cooking and serving is lots of fun. We appreciate your review.

Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

I have had many pleasant experiences at this location. Each time I go in, I order something new. I have yet to be let down. The service is also next to none.

5  Thank TheSpillmonkey