“A Kaleidoscope of Flavors”

Chiangmai Thai Naugatuck CT
Ranked #8 of 74 Restaurants in Naugatuck
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

Chiangmai Restaurant is in a small space at 166 Church Street in Naugatuck, CT. The decor isn't as nice as other Thai restaurants that I've been to. It's similar to a poorly decorated diner but the food is amazing.
Beautifully plated with great artistry and the flavors are huge. Your brain will be on overload after all the tastes you'll experience, but in a good way. My wife and I enjoyed our dinner with my sister-in-law and friend Al.
Al introduced us to this little gem.
I had the Tom-Yum soup with shrimp. Thai hot and sour soup with a broth filled with lemongrass, galangal, onions, peppers, tomatoes, kaffir lime leaves, and mushrooms.
My flavorful dinner was the Chicken Panang Curry. Spicy panang curry with coconut milk, kaffir lime leaves, and mixed veggies with a side of jasmine rice. My wife's fried rice dinner was decorated with a butterfly cut from a carrot.
After dinner we were presented with a complimentary slice of watermelon.
We couldn't resist having dessert and I had a dessert with my favorite fruit in it. The sweet mango with coconut sticky rice. My wife had the fried banana pockets with passion fruit sauce.
The restaurant is BYOB so make sure to bring a nice bottle of wine or whatever you may choose to compliment your dinner.

Reviewed 1 August 2016

I was happy when this restaurant reopened under new management a couple of years ago. The food is very good, reasonably priced.

Reviewed 4 July 2016

In the downtown area of the coastal town of Naugatuck, CT., is a very unassuming little Thai Restaurant called Chiangmai Thai. Inside is a bit strange with pink and blue fluorescent lights, the folded napkins add a nice touch as does the paper covering from the straws being turned into roses.

Then comes the best part, the food. I ordered a shrimp dish which was amazing. My partner had a chicken dish which was just as wonderful. The dishes we had wasn't spicy at all and quite flavorful.

To end your meal, they give you an orange in the orange peel cut up. Nice ending to a fantastic meal.

If you live in, near or visit the area, this restaurant is a must try.

Phyllis from Florida

Reviewed 10 June 2016

My wife and I have eaten there a few times and the food is great. If you go to eat in you maybe be a bit apprehensive with the decor. as we were and also the fact there is no alcohol served . We both agree that this is there best asset. This way you can bring your favorite wine or beer. However, they offer take out which is just as good.

Reviewed 24 May 2016 via mobile

Absolutely love their chicken pad Thai!! We order take out frequently and are never disappointed. Definitely worth checking out.