“Great location, great Thai food. ”

Chiangmai Thai Naugatuck CT
Ranked #8 of 74 Restaurants in Naugatuck
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Right in down town Naugatuck, easy to get to after a short stroll down the hill we enjoyed well prepared food in an unpretentious ( yes that means nothing fancy) setting served by a very friendly server. I had the green chicken curry which was very good, but could have been a little hotter. I'm sure they can make it hotter next time. And we'll be back.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

I stumbled upon this restaurant and I am hooked. The restaurant is very quaint but the food and the owner are the stars. I have tried a few other Thai restaurants and none compared to the quality and taste of the food. The owners have a big heart and it comes across in the food. You can tell when someone is cooking with love and love is this place- try it!!!

Reviewed 14 March 2017

I eat here all the time. I order to delvery when I dont want to go out. But doing that I miss all the little things that they do for you. Napkins-look like hats, straws- have a rose made from the wrapper, then you get a desert for free usually an orange to clean your palate. The people are so nice and kind.

Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

Chiangmai Restaurant is in a small space at 166 Church Street in Naugatuck, CT. The decor isn't as nice as other Thai restaurants that I've been to. It's similar to a poorly decorated diner but the food is amazing.
Beautifully plated with great artistry and the flavors are huge. Your brain will be on overload after all the tastes you'll experience, but in a good way. My wife and I enjoyed our dinner with my sister-in-law and friend Al.
Al introduced us to this little gem.
I had the Tom-Yum soup with shrimp. Thai hot and sour soup with a broth filled with lemongrass, galangal, onions, peppers, tomatoes, kaffir lime leaves, and mushrooms.
My flavorful dinner was the Chicken Panang Curry. Spicy panang curry with coconut milk, kaffir lime leaves, and mixed veggies with a side of jasmine rice. My wife's fried rice dinner was decorated with a butterfly cut from a carrot.
After dinner we were presented with a complimentary slice of watermelon.
We couldn't resist having dessert and I had a dessert with my favorite fruit in it. The sweet mango with coconut sticky rice. My wife had the fried banana pockets with passion fruit sauce.
The restaurant is BYOB so make sure to bring a nice bottle of wine or whatever you may choose to compliment your dinner.

Reviewed 1 August 2016

I was happy when this restaurant reopened under new management a couple of years ago. The food is very good, reasonably priced.