“Great food”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: High Street
Transit: 10 Minute walk away from the New Haven Green
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

First I have to say there were 9 of us on a Saturday night at 7:00, the place was packed and they were still able to get us a table in 90 minutes - I was shocked! The atmosphere was great and the wait time gave us time to enjoy some cocktails.

We got to sit outside and it was a great night. We had the table side guacamole and it was great. Just a note, we got the medium spicy and we could barely taste the heat so next time we'll get the spicy. The Corn chips on the table were also gluten free so I was really enjoying it. All the food seemed plentiful when it came out with the exception of my Duck Confi enchiladas, they were good but there were only 3 little enchiladas and it left me wanting more. Overall a great restaurant, they could not habe been more attentive. We'll go back.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed the margaritas. The guacamole was wonderful. I had macaroni and cheese for dinner. It was very good. My hubs really enjoyed the fish tacos.

We were a large party with nine teenage boys. They were very accommodating. Good service. Fun night!

Reviewed 24 September 2017

Ambience of restaurant was great, food on the other hand was average...reminded me of a franchised Mexican restaurant, the guac bowl ($15...whaaaat!? which I wouldn't have purchased had I known the price) had a funny taste, way too much fresh cilantro, salsa and chips ($3...but shouldn't that be included with the $15 guac bowl?) was very good, chips typical deep fried small ( waiter brought out 50% broken pieces in canister...tacky ) had the tuna tacos which were three decent sized but lacked any type of intense flavor that I was looking for ( the menu ingredients sounded great and couldn't wait but was disappointed ) my wife wasn't too hungry so she ordered a salad and what came out was four full sized romaine uncut pieces, tomato slices...well you get the picture...had to prepare salad in plate herself. margaritas where good. Was just expecting more flavors....Bar taco in WH has much better flavor in their meals.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

Looks like this was a former house, now a restaurant. Food was good, mixed drinks were good. Service was good. Price reasonable. I would definitely good back.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

The food is tasty, the staff is very friendly. It's a young crowd (not surprisingly in downtown New Haven), and a few groups got mildly rowdy. Not bad though. A nice selection of Tequilas, and variations on the traditional Margarita. They charge for chips and salsa, which puts me off a bit, and though not really traditional Mexican, the food is pretty good. Go in the summer and sit on the deck. That's very nice.