1,717 results
All reviews top floor self parking corner room room service walking distance front desk staff convenient location fitness center business center the study john yale lobby conference elevator bellman downtown
Reviewed 6 August 2018

I stayed at the Omni while attending a week-long course at Yale SOM, as part of a large group. We were well-accommodated, with a group room for breakfast on the 19th floor. It was only a 15 minute walk to the school of management, which was great.

The rooms are a little tired, but clean and well-presented. I took advantage of the loyalty scheme which gave us free wifi, but I was disappointed to be charged for my first day of wifi on arrival, after joining the loyalty club the next day. I didn't see the small print immediately and it would have been a nice gesture to remove the first day's charge. The wifi was good enough for me to stream a training video in the gym.

My room was on one of the upper floors and had a good view and a reasonable bathroom. There was good storage for clothes - a large wardrobe and a few drawers. And it had an ironing board and iron, which is great for business travellers and so much better than having to ask housekeeping for one.

Kudos to Louis the chef who made me an excellent omelette every morning! The staff in general were polite but sometimes hard to get hold of at breakfast. I appreciated the water in the lobby and found the gym to be clean, if a little busy in the mornings (there are only three treadmills, and not a huge amount of space for floor work). I'd recommend the gym should be stocked with some yoga mats, because the mats in there are too small and slippery for yoga or stretching.

All in all, a perfectly acceptable stay, especially since we were hardly in our rooms anyway.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

The Omni needs a major overhaul a the sad thing is the lobby is nice and its location is great, BUT the rooms need major / total overhaul and the service was horrible.

I asked for laundry to be wash dry and folded, and it did come back on time, BUT it came back at a much higher cost and th manager made no effort to help or assist. Finally she sent Chris (who was nice) from housekeeping and after meeting with Chris to show him what came back he was laughing with embarrassment.

The one load of laundry was priced at over $240 (which was much more than the already outrageously high pricing) it was not wash dried and folded. It was hung on hangers. Then when I folded it, I found the one dress shirt and it was starched even thought the form asked distinctly for “No Starch”. Chris was nice and tried to handle it professionally but everyone (two managers, other people from housekeeping, etc.) else just said it was not their fault because it “is outsourced” or they said something about “the union is horrible”. I didn’t even know the hotel had Union employees and I don’t care if it is outsourced or not, I just want it completed properly at a realistic price. Even with a partial rebate, the price was a rip off!!!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2018

This OMNI is not a luxury hotel but situated directly across the road from Yale so the location is great. The staff is excellent and can not do enough for you, the beds are extremely comfortable and done with good linens but the rooms are tired looking and the property is in need of a general renovation. The rooms are quiet and the windows don't open. The streets around the hotel vary depending on which direction you walk, from down and out to upscale so watch where you turn.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 30 July 2018

This hotel is in the heart of the city. Beautiful views of Yale on the 19th floor. Also had dinner at the restaurant. Food and service was excellent. Staff very friendly and helpful. Within walking distance to many restaurants, bars and shopping. Room could definitely use an update. Very small bathroom as well. Housekeeping staff was great. My room was spotless every day and cleaned in a timely manner. My only big complaint is the noise level. You could hear every door slam and toilet flush unless you have your fan on high at all times.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Angie M
Reviewed 22 July 2018

This is definitely not a 4 star property, maybe a 2 star. Whole place smells like smoke and there was a pile of cigarette butts in the floor of the elevator when we arrived. Run down hotel. I would never stay at an Omni property again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
Michelle A, Front Office Manager at Omni New Haven Hotel at Yale, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Good Morning,
We would like to sincerely apologize you had found cigarettes in the elevator as well as had an odor in your guestroom. Our hotel is a smoke free facility, and there is a fine for any guest that smokes in the hotel. We have ensured you did not have to pay for the remaining nights you did not stay at the property, and refunded your payment upon departure. We do again sincerely apologize for this occurrence. We are currently in the early planning stages of designing a guest room upgrade to include many enhancements to our guest experience.