“Friendly staff and decent food.”

Boat House Cafe at the Quinnipiac River Marina
Ranked #158 of 613 Restaurants in New Haven
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Stayed at Airbnb near this cafe and wanted quick lunch. Diverse menu of salads, sandwiches, and pizza. Had spinach salad with chicken. Nothing great, but totally fine. Partner had chef salad. Again, same. But we had a fabulous server who didn’t stop smiling! Best on our New Haven weekend, and we ate at some high end places. If I had her name, I’d give her a shout out!

I think eggs and omelettes available through lunch, but we didn’t get that menu.

Reviewed 1 August 2016

We were looking for a place for breakfast and it had to have a view of the water. My search came up with a quaint little café, called Anastasia Boat House Café located in New Haven on the Quinnipiac River. We also wanted a little ride so off we went. There is a deck off the back of the café and there you sit in the most picturesque setting you can imagine. We had two coffees and a cup of tea in front of us almost before we were seated. The menu was very enticing and as other orders went by our table it took awhile to pick just one. Well we finally ordered and when our breakfast was served, we just couldn't believe the quantity and the quality of the feast laid out in front of us. Everything, and I mean everything, was great. It was the best breakfast any of us had ever had. We can't wait to go back and have another feast. I just wish we had room for lunch, but that will have to be for another day. If you want to experience the best breakfast you will ever have then you owe it to yourself to make the trip, you will not be disappointed. On a five star rating, I would give this one six stars all day long.

1  Thank byronp221
Reviewed 26 July 2016

Having lived across the street for the last 2 years, I have been pleased that the quality of the food has improved since we first got to the neighborhood. They serve reliably tasty diner food. The waitresses are always friendly and nice. The location is great for a nice indoor or outdoor casual meal right on the river. Plenty of parking.

Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

Great view and good breakfast.
Away from the crowds.
Good space and balcony with a view.
Large choice of menu items....ample parking.

Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

We love walking here and having delicious food on the river. The first time we went we had lunch and everything on the menu looked great. We weren't disappointed. The same goes for breakfast. The service is as equally as good as the food!