“Not what it used to be.”

Jojo's Coffee Roasting Co.
Ranked #8 of 30 Coffee & Tea in New Haven
Reviewed 13 January 2017

I was a great fan of Jo-Jo's from the time they were established in Hartford where the enterprising owner Bill used to roast coffee and educate you with his conversation. Snacks and food were made by his wife. When they expanded to New Haven I had high hopes and visited whenever in town. You could always buy Bill's freshly roasted (and dated) coffee varieties by the pound. The Hartford store is now closed and It appears that Bill is no longer involved in this establishment. They now buy their roasted coffee in large commercial bags and sell it for $20/lb. The cup I had was still of some quality but of hazy origin. In fact trying to discuss the place with the operator recently led to a lot of cagey answers. I was disappointed by the loss of a formerly great coffeehouse.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

We were in town for 1 day and I was in need of really good coffee and I found it. I went in not expecting much and was pleasantly surprise. Great coffee selection! I was very happy that they had almond milk since I cant digest dairy. They also have smoothies and acai & pitaya bowls! They also offer some delicious pastries.

Reviewed 21 March 2016

I went to get breakfast, they fixed me up a gluten free breakfast sandwich with real eggs! I got tea for myself and coffee for a friend. We enjoyed all of the foods and drinks that were purchased. It si a personal service coffee shop!

Reviewed 13 September 2015 via mobile

I am a coffee drinker, but I had an upset stomach while I was visiting Yale. I stopped in here and the employee recommended a lemon ginger concoction that was the best tea I have ever tasted. It's a quite, cozy place where you can sit and relax too.

2  Thank Luvs2TravelAnywhere
Reviewed 8 September 2015

I stopped in here recently with family for coffee/espresso drinks when visiting the area and we loved it. I had a pumpkin spice latte and it tasted great. I liked that it wasn't overly sweet. The place is a decent size and nothing fancy inside but the people working were friendly. I really liked my drink.