“Great place for all sorts of books”
Review of Book Trader Cafe

Book Trader Cafe
Ranked #69 of 585 Restaurants in New Haven
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Description: The Book Trader Cafe offers a range of delicious gourmet sandwiches, coffees, and homemade soups & pastries as well as gently used, conservatively priced books for the general or academic reader. Vegan & gluten-free options are available daily.
Reviewed 7 September 2017

As I did not eat at the Book Trader Cafe, I cannot not say anything about its drinks or food, except that I noticed tables were all full at lunch hour. But if you're looking for some jewels to read, this is a great place to find second hand books at good prices and condition. One can find anything from philosophy to classics of literature, self-help books and children's. After browsing for more than an hour, I ended up leaving with more than 20 books. I will be visiting this place soon for more.

Reviewed 4 May 2017

Book Trader has a decent gluten free menu. I had a sandwich with gluten free bread, which was tasty (you know, sometimes gf bread tastes like cardboard!). The staff behind the counter is very helpful & friendly. You can sit outside in nicer weather, or inside. Sometimes it hard to find a seat because people hang around with their laptops, or their friends! There is one room of used books to mosey thru and purchase if you find something you like. Its a lot of books in a pretty tight space!

Reviewed 2 May 2017

...though I did buy their mint ice tea (refreshing!) and vegan cookies (good). The secondhand book selection is the real reason for me to come. Staff is always friendly.

Reviewed 18 September 2016

My mesclun salad was good and my husband's rare roast beef sandwich was outstanding. The atmosphere, surrounded by books was intriguing. As I am eating my lunch and chatting with the three others in my group, a yellow-spined book caught my eye - "The Dummies Book for Opera Lovers." It seemed so out of place in a restaurant but I loved it just the same.

Reviewed 21 June 2016 via mobile

A very sweet cafe fused into a second hand book shop. You can read the books while eating. They have a good selection of salads and sandwiches. They have vegan options as well. They have a little garden with some tables. Over all a very good experience.