“Fantastic pizza”

Ranked #24 of 150 Restaurants in New London
Price range: US$3 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: 2Wives offers award winning brick oven pizza, fresh pasta, seafood, salads, paninis, home made desserts and a full bar. Our huge dining room with large windows and high ceilings has an open pizza kitchen and great ambiance. We cater and host private parties and after hours parties. Kids birthday parties are always welcome. Kids can make their own pizzas and even learn how to throw dough!
Reviewed 9 September 2017

My husband and I visited this restaurant earlier this week and enjoyed it so much that we returned this evening. On our first visit my husband had the calzone which was the best he has ever tasted and I had a delicious pizza. Tonight we had the focaccia with cheese which was excellent and another fantastic pizza. The restaurant has a lovely atmosphere and the waiter was very friendly and attentive without being overbearing. He also recognised us from our first visit and made us feel very welcome. We are from the UK and if we lived here, we would be regular visitors to this restaurant.

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

We ordered berry salad, 1 large and 2 personal pies. Blueberry vinaigrette dressing was quite good. Hawaiian pizza was very tasty. Thought we could not finish the large pie but thin crisp crust kept us eating until it disappeared. Cozy atmosphere, very warm, attentive service by friendly staff.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Sometimes something gets your attention. This place was the friendly service. I was really impressed how they took care of us. I wish I would have caught his name.

The pizza was good. The sauce on the pizza was tasty.

Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

Stopped here for a very late lunch at 2:45pm. Ordered a whole wheat grilled veggie pizza with pesto (personal size). The crust was very good - well done, nice and crispy! Toppings were also pretty good. The waitress was super sweet but not well trained (?). She sat us at a table and then talked to another couple at their table for about 7 min, holding our menus in her hand! If she had just dropped off our menus before talking to the other table we would have been able to look at the menu! Luckily we were the only ones In the restaurant so we got our order pretty quick. Moderate price.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

I met up with a local friend to get dinner here, after she heard they do gluten free individual pizzas. I had a glass of wine as we waited for our food, and the prices were all very reasonable. I ordered the following:
"Grilled Vegetable: pesto, eggplant, red onion, zucchini, yellow squash, bell pepper, mushroom, mozzarella and and feta cheese"
I WAS BLOWN AWAY by how good this was. Literally perfect. On the larger side for a personal pizza, but as I was staying in a hotel that night I couldn't keep the last slice or two, so I ate as much as I could. If I'm ever back in New London, I'll definitely go back and get it again.