“My new fav breakfast spot!”

The Little Cake Cafe
Ranked #12 of 108 Restaurants in Newington
Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

I didn’t know the wine place left and instead this adorable place is there! It was 10 am Saturday and we had just missed the rush. I ordered a personalized omelet that came with 2 sides so I chose a fruit cup and bacon. Everything was delicious, fresh and tasty! The omelet was full of cheddar, spinach and mushrooms. Instead of wilted lettuce, it was tucked inside the folded over omelet so it was fresh and crisp. I love when breakfast isn’t greasy. It was just what I wanted. I can’t wait to try their other entrees. My friend ordered 2 pancakes, a parfait and bacon. We each had coffee. The bill came to $26, but definitely worth it. She ended up bringing the pancakes home. They were extra large and fluffy. I hope this place thrives, but still stays a hidden gem. I don’t want to be stuck waiting in line! It’s definitely a keeper.

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

Extremely friendly and attentive staff, nice menu, good prices. The French toast was delicious and my neighboring breakfaster's plates were plentiful and appealing. Fresh fruit and Greek yogurt. The food took a little while to come out but it was worth it and made for a relaxing morning. I would definitely return.

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

I’ve been to all of the breakfast joints in my hometown. All are just “ok” but none have stood out. Ventured out of the ‘hood so to speak and found this gem in a neighboring community. Serving Omar’s coffee and unbelievably delicious pancakes- light and fluffy. Not like the lead sinkers that are served elsewhere. My husband had French toast which he devoured. I need to try them for lunch next.

Reviewed 24 February 2018

It's hard to find a high quality, unique breakfast spot, with reasonable prices. Little Cake Cafe hits the mark on all these fronts. It's a cute, cozy eatery (unfortunately located behind Main Street which makes it less visible) with excellent homemade food. The ingredients are very fresh, and the breakfast fare is definitely a cut above most places. And the menu is priced extremely well. The breakfast sandwiches and home fries are delicious, and the fruit I ordered was tasty and fresh. Definitely a keeper!

Reviewed 15 February 2018

The food was well prepared and the portions were appropriately sized. Everything came to the table hot and freshly made.