“Great breakfast”
Review of The Sloppy Waffle

The Sloppy Waffle
Ranked #6 of 104 Restaurants in Newington
Reviewed 9 August 2017

First timer. The place is great love the way its set up. The waffle are great. very fast service and friendly. Its a wonderful place to enjoy your meal. The eggs and hash browns were done just right the homemade bread was fantastic. The prices were very good. Will go back to try the famous chicken waffles

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Food is ridiculously delicious! The staff is super friendly and helpful.
Chicken and waffles out of this world! PB&J waffle fantastic. Chips, home fries.... don't think there is one thing on the menu that isn't great.

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

Although I've been here many times (what does that tell you??!!) I saw the "rude " review & felt it necessary to reiterate the friendliness and feeling of family at "Sloppy". It's the 1st place we go when my sister comes in from out of state. There are NO skimpy portions. .....I've never EVER seen rudeness. We had a LOVELY meal this a.m. on the patio.....the Louie Special". Great place, lovely staff, great food and I'm VERY picky about where I spend my money.

Reviewed 14 June 2017

Over $8 for the Strawberries and Cream specialty liege waffle. First, it was small (6" long x maybe 3" wide) Second it had less than ONE fresh strawberry and one mushy 'compote' berry. Worse of all, the waffle itself was gooey. When they asked how it was, I told them. They kept telling me it was a "different " waffle. Yes, it was. Not like the liege waffels I have had elsewhere. Then the owner told me that she runs a small business couldn't take a chance making me something else because I might not like it. She said couldn't give me a refund either. She did give me a gift card. Did she figure I wouldn't be back so she wouldn't be out the money?

1  Thank bigskyhiker
Reviewed 9 May 2017

We had the waffles and they were just OK. We have had Brussels waffles in Brussels and those were amazing, but these were nothing close. I had the strawberries and cream waffle and it was very skimpy on the strawberries, but generous on the cream. My husband had the Chocolate Lover waffle and it had lots of toppings, but my husband did not care for the waffle because it was bland tasting and dry like mine. Neither of us noticed any crunchy sugar coating on the waffle. Many people around us ordered the breakfast options without waffles, so we will return to try those since everyone seemed to be enjoying their breakfast except us. The décor is nothing fancy, but all of the people that work there are very friendly and attentive and it was busy when we visited. It is a semi-serve style place- You order your food at the counter and take your drinks with you, but the food is delivered to your table when it is ready. They only take cash, so be prepared with about $10-12/person for breakfast or you can use the on site ATM.