“Great food, still not happy about the ordering system...”
Review of The Sloppy Waffle

The Sloppy Waffle
Ranked #7 of 103 Restaurants in Newington
Reviewed 19 August 2017

My family and I ate at the Sloppy Waffle a few weeks back and sat outside. This was my third time there, and it has not disappointed me. I had the “Louie,” which included eggs, meat, homemade bread, home fries, and a waffle or pancake. The eggs were cooked nicely and the sausage was as well. The home fries could have used a little more seasoning, but were very good. The homemade bread was also delicious. I upgraded my waffle to the cookie dough waffle, and the whipped cream was as thick in consistency as ice cream! Very good.

My children had the strawberry waffle and a plain waffle, and they did not like either. Not sure why, but this is the second time that my kids have not enjoyed their waffles, and they normally love waffles!

I’m not crazy about the walking up to the counter and ordering food, then having it delivered to your table, but that’s how they do it here. You must also pay in cash, but there is an ATM on the premises. The covered outdoor seating was a nice bonus.

Only over negative was the coffee. It was okay, but not great. The prices, however, are very reasonable. The server who took our order and brought our food to the table was very nice. I'll go back again.

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Pluses: our group of 7 was able to sit outside
Waffles were good
Gluten free waffles available

Minuses: hash browns were very oniony- not a great am taste
Scrambled eggs tasted and looked like made from a powder
Not very accommodating --one of our group asked for syrup on the side, they charged $.25 for it

Reviewed 14 August 2017

The waffles were excellent. We were a group of 6 and had 6 different meals. Everyone agreed the food was delicious. We will be going back to try Lunch......

Reviewed 9 August 2017

First timer. The place is great love the way its set up. The waffle are great. very fast service and friendly. Its a wonderful place to enjoy your meal. The eggs and hash browns were done just right the homemade bread was fantastic. The prices were very good. Will go back to try the famous chicken waffles

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Food is ridiculously delicious! The staff is super friendly and helpful.
Chicken and waffles out of this world! PB&J waffle fantastic. Chips, home fries.... don't think there is one thing on the menu that isn't great.