“Good food”
Review of The Sloppy Waffle

The Sloppy Waffle
Ranked #7 of 103 Restaurants in Newington
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Small place, lucky we found it! Their food is delicious and the coffee yyuummm the best one, my kids love the waffles, there's always something delicious for everyone, this is a most visit if you around the area and looking for a delicious breakfast

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch. Their food is great. You are seated at a table and given menus. Once you decide what you'd like you go up to the counter to order. They bring your food to your table once it's done. The pancake roll is delicious and enormous.. the chicken and waffles and the spicy Jeff are great. The spicy Jeff is fried chicken and an egg between 2 waffles. You can get it mild, medium, or hot. The one thing I didn't like was that my waffle was basically empty (see pic) but it was good, and I helped eat the rest of the pancake roll to make up for it.. lol.. I just wouldn't have served a waffle like that if it were my place and we were known for waffles.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

So we found this "mom and pop" place as a recommendation from a friend who ate there. We went and while the ordering system is different they do bring your food to you and does not hinder the service. Staff is very friendly and knowledgable about menu and service given and for 1st timers they explain it's a cash only (ATM @ door) and how to order and they do seat you.
Food is delicious, all organic, cage free vegetarian fed chicken, waffles home made and their café con leche is AWESOME. They import their coffee from Puerto Rico and the price is very reasonable for amount of food you get. No complaints and all kudos to locale and staff. I was able to meet the ow er and she was nice, informative and such a charm to speak to. I found a new breakfast place.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

My family and I ate at the Sloppy Waffle a few weeks back and sat outside. This was my third time there, and it has not disappointed me. I had the “Louie,” which included eggs, meat, homemade bread, home fries, and a waffle or pancake. The eggs were cooked nicely and the sausage was as well. The home fries could have used a little more seasoning, but were very good. The homemade bread was also delicious. I upgraded my waffle to the cookie dough waffle, and the whipped cream was as thick in consistency as ice cream! Very good.

My children had the strawberry waffle and a plain waffle, and they did not like either. Not sure why, but this is the second time that my kids have not enjoyed their waffles, and they normally love waffles!

I’m not crazy about the walking up to the counter and ordering food, then having it delivered to your table, but that’s how they do it here. You must also pay in cash, but there is an ATM on the premises. The covered outdoor seating was a nice bonus.

Only over negative was the coffee. It was okay, but not great. The prices, however, are very reasonable. The server who took our order and brought our food to the table was very nice. I'll go back again.

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Pluses: our group of 7 was able to sit outside
Waffles were good
Gluten free waffles available

Minuses: hash browns were very oniony- not a great am taste
Scrambled eggs tasted and looked like made from a powder
Not very accommodating --one of our group asked for syrup on the side, they charged $.25 for it