“Nice Local Restaurant”

Rooster Co
Ranked #4 of 108 Restaurants in Newington
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 22 June 2018

Friends brought us here during our visit to Connecticut for a relaxing lunch. Food and service were very good. Prices were reasonable and the restaurant was very clean. My only concern was that it was somewhat noisy, however, it also was quite full so that has to be expected. This is a good choice for a casual lunch or dinner.

Reviewed 14 June 2018

This used to be the best place to eat locally. Last time I ordered, it was mediocre and I thought it may have been an off day since it happens. I just ordered last week and of the 3 items ordered, they all had one thing in common, it was so bad I couldn't eat it. The Korean BBQ sandwich was incredibly salty and dry. The Rodeo chicken sandwich was heaped with butter and virtually tasteless. The truffle mac and cheese used to be a signature dish for them; it was made using a processed cheese sauce with nearly a quarter cup of oil soaking the pasta at the bottom. It's sad to see one of my favorite places decline so rapidly. I hope they can do what it takes to get that loving feeling again with the food they serve.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

I went with a co-worker/friend for lunch at the Rooster one Friday. We got a table right away and the restaurant wasn't crowded at all - but still it took almost 45 mins to get two salads! The salads were fine and the staff was friendly and the restaurant was clean. The only complaint was the very long wait.I have to think that they forgot about us, because 45 mins for salad??

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Locally sourced food. Excellent preparation. Delicious!

Menu is not complex and the sides are ala carte. Just the way we like it. The meal is not prescribed.

Nice interior. Clean. Small town tavern ambience.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

Nice restaurant, but the sell on rotisserie chick is hard – that part is overpriced. You can have your chicken halved or whole, on the bone or picked off the bone and it comes with your choice of sauce. The “lazy chicken” is when the kitchen removes the meat from the bone for you and not worth the upcharge. They have a variety in their menu beyond rotisserie chicken though and a large bar menu with some crafted cocktails. They have a large dining area so it’s a good place if you are looking to bring a group.