Rocky Neck Inn
US$45
Niantic Inn(Niantic)(Great Value!)
US$169
Priceline
Rodeway Inn Waterford(Waterford)(Great Value!)
US$60
RodewayInn
Oakdell Motel(Waterford)(Great Value!)
US$75
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 November 2015

I stated at the Rocky Neck INN while in town on business for a month. The staff was rude and inconsiderate of their guests. I was told when I arrived that my room would be cleaned on a weekly bases while here. I got my room cleaned one time in the month that I was here. When I asked about getting my room cleaned, the staff acted like I was causing them a problem by asking for it. The office would close at least 15 minutes earlier then was posted on the door and there was no number to contact incase of an emergency. I talked with others that have been living there for a long time and they told me that before the current management took over. All of the rooms were cleaned on a weekly bases even if they had not been rented out at all. I was also told not to cause any waves of they would put me on their blacklist of people not to rent to ever again, but they allow hookers to stay there and don't try to run them out even when they are told about the activity. I strongly advise people to stay away from this place as it is a low class run place. I will have advised the company that I work for about my experience and was told that they will no long use this location. Save yourself the headache of dealing with people that don't have a clue how to run an Inn and find yourself a better place to stay. On top of that, they had people pay to park in the open field in front of the rooms, so you have to deal with all of the drunks from the bar right next store that the person that owns the Inn also owns.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to town.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Jeff H
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We were very satisfied with our recent stay. The management was very friendly and helpful and the room was very clean. The price was also very affordable considering its location...Room was supplied with microwave, frig and dishes...quite a find!

Room Tip: Many of the rooms have been renovated recently
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I needed a hotel for one night and was headed to a motel 6 or something like that. There was a vacancy sign at an apparently old motel with a nice front play are (good for kids or just sitting out at night). Not expecting posh accommodations, the price (70ish) seemed right. When I finally got to the room late at night after classes, I was astounded!! anyone remaking an old motel needs to visit Rocky Neck inn and suites. Clean. Crisp white pain. Nice little kitchen. Cement walls painted pale blue to make the room seem larger. Nothing kitchy. Nice bowl of sea shells on table. Padded chairs. comfortable bed and fully appointed bathroom. Extra blanket. AND a back door that opened onto a picnic table and grills. Could here the Interstate faintly when sitting in back. Near enough to the state park to enjoy the smell of campfires. Loved it.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Christina C
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We had no reservations in town, thought we'd try the Super 8 up the street, but my husband thought we should at least sop and ask about the rates. Excellent price mid-week; room was clean and comfy, nicely surprised to find not only a fridge and micro and coffee maker but also utensils and dishes and glasses/mugs. Bed was super comfy, area was quiet. Thought we'd hear noise from the Lyme Tavern next door, but not a peep! Def would come back, and will recommend this local motel to friends who travel here.

Room Tip: Room 30 was great!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank manchmom
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We stayed here for two weeks waiting for our home to be ready for move in. For starters the owner of this motel (also owner of the bar behind the motel) thinks nothing of looking in the windows, knocking on the back door to complain that the windows are open and that the heat is escaping. Are you kidding? We did not have the heat on and the windows were open due to the filthy smell that permeated the place. We told him that and he told us to keep the windows closed or he would have to charge us more than the weekly rate we had paid for. Then he went over to his bar where a heroin overdose had just happened in his parking lot and the guy was in the truck dead all night. The room was suppose to be non- smoking which means nothing to this place as they let everyone smoke in all the rooms and it's just too bad for anyone else. I complained and was told that the smoke was coming from the guy that had lived there for 7 years and the owner just lets him smoke in his room. Found out it was another heroin junkie; The maintenance man was fired while we were there due to his heroin problem. You could look out the back window of the room and see the junkies all congregating around the cars in the bar in the evening. This was a nightmare. They only have a few rooms that they rent out because most of them are long term people that live there. The ancient stove that was in the room was replaced the last few days we were there and then they told us we were lucky to get one because the others that live there had been waiting longer than us. Mind you we had paid full price for this unit. We were told that we had to supply our own toilet tissue and towels by the super nosy house keeper because it was costing the owner too much to supply it for the people that were weekly. The same nosy housekeeper that brazenly came up to my son that was in his car and told him that she knows he didn't belong there so why was he in the parking lot. We had been there two weeks and he was getting home from work. She was almost as crazy as the owner.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business