“We've eaten many great meals here”

Bistro Mediterranean & Tapas Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Mediterranean & Tapas Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 446 Restaurants in Norwalk
Price range: US$16 - US$29
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed 9 November 2017

This is the restaurant my husband always wants to go to...we've eaten here many times and always had delicious meals and great service.
We usually eat seafood, we have particularly enjoyed the seafood paella, the scallops and the sole.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

Do not go here if you are looking for great service and a nice athmosphere. No idea how this place is still open. 4 of us went in for dinner and had a waitress with purple hair be our server. We first thought she was the bus boy since she was shaky, had no idea about who to serve water to first and her English wasn't the best. Then we ask for the wine list since she forgot to give it to us. We ask for a full body wine and which one she thinks works well and she says I don't know anything about wines all are good. We then place our order and half of the items came out wrong not what we ordered. She apologies and blames the chef in the kitchen. She said the chef is the owner and he's having a bad day so when he has a bad day this happens. She then goes and stands looking at us eating and plays on her cell phone. When we call her over asking her for recommendations for more tapas she says everything is good try anything. She had no experience at all, knew nothing about the wine list and was very rude. We've come to this restaurant multiple times, we were even waited on by the old manager. But when we asked for him, she said I don't know I think he quit. No idea who is in charge of this place now but no chance it'll stay open for much longer with this waitstaff and not caring manager.

1  Thank Amanda L
Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

Took forever for the waitress to appear,even longer for our entrees to arrive. Two in our group did not receive their meal until we were finished. Forever to get the check. Change was short. Disappointing. Won’t be back.

Reviewed 28 October 2017

I often drive by this restaurant and thought we could give it a try especially after reading the reviews. Mistake! I really don't understand how people could give this a good rating. I had the paella which was the worst I've ever had. The seafood in it did not taste fresh and I believe it came from a frozen bag. The scallops were literally rubbery (we actually bounced them off the plate!) and tasteless, the mussels were inedible and the shrimp were just as bad which was amazing since both usually have great flavor with little help. That is why I believe it was old or frozen. The 1/2 lobster they place on top was just mush (undercooked or bad?) and also inedible. After I piled all the bad seafood on my bread plate and said something to the waiter, they apologized and credited $7 towards my $26 dish. So for $21, I ate rice and 2 tasty clams. My husband got the pork appetizer which I thought was gamey tasting and he said it was just ok. His entrée (Papparedelle Marisco) was just ok. The pasta seemed homemade but the sauce was really flavorless. Our service was somewhat slow and sporatic. This was the worst meal I've had in awhile and unfortunately it cost us $71 w/tip. I would really caution anyone considering dining here to know it does not use quality seafood. Sad to say, I've had more satisfying fast food meals.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

Frequent diners are familiar with two red flags: restaurants that cover too many cuisines at one time and gilding food lilies. The Bistro might work if it stuck to the tapas in its name. Instead, it provides more Italian-like dishes than Spanish ones. The menu seems confused. The other flaw is a tendency to throw the kitchen at dishes like a filet of sole: fried risotto (with a particularly unappetizing smell and taste), large chunks of zucchini, and other vegetables. If kept simple, the acceptable sole would have been allowed to speak for itself. As is, the Bistro needs focus in execution.

1  Thank 555NotGreat